Tab broke when loading page

15 years 3 months ago #87236 by bab2on
Tab broke when loading page was created by bab2on
Hi, first thanks for your new release. :)

so i have a problem with the tabs, when loading a user profile the display tabs is broke some ms up to seconds (relate to sql queries i think).

i have this problem on my website and you have it also on your website

example here is my profile :

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,userProfile/Itemid,39/

and here a screen capture during the load time:

File Attachment:

as you see tabs is broke, i don't remember have this problem with CB 1.2 RC 4

Please Log in to join the conversation.

15 years 3 months ago #87245 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Tab broke when loading page
While the page is loading? JS triggers after a page has been loaded. That's why it does that. Also a good fail safe encase of connection error or someone presses stop. They would still be able to see the tabs contents or if JS is turned off in their browser.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #87255 by bab2on
Replied by bab2on on topic Re:Tab broke when loading page
yes it happens when the page is loading.

the problem it's when you have a lot sql queries for example for the plugin article tab the page can be load up to some seconds and during this time the page seems to be broken

it's not an issue ok but it looks dirty.

i don't remenber to have the same result with CB 1.2 RC4 (or i have some hole memory lol)

15 years 3 months ago #87257 by krileon
Some plugins can cause hangs like this, but the article plugin is actually only 1 query. So it's not as massive as you'd think.

However, some poorly designed plugins or plugins with errors (even notices) can cause a massive hang up.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

15 years 3 months ago #87273 by bab2on
Replied by bab2on on topic Re:Tab broke when loading page
hum...

ok but when i disable this plguin it works better.

i have also some another plugin who called external wigdet from another website.

15 years 3 months ago #87276 by krileon
Calling code from external sites can cause massive hangs. Disable that plugin and see if it does any better.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn