Membership vs. Sponsorship & Pricing Model

14 years 9 months ago #104546 by ernienet
I was pleasantly surprised when I logged in recently to get Captcha for a web site that CBSubs is now available.

Most of my clients have sponsors who pay annually. They don't get any greater access to the site, but they have, for example, silver, gold, platinum levels at different rates. Does CBSubs support this approach?

Unfortunately, the pricing model won't work well for the majority of my clients. My clients want to be able to manage their mailing lists on the sites - the vast majority of whom will never be "members". So as I seek a solution that will allow them to do this, while still have the members, sponsors and board members visible through various CB Lists, makes the pricing model for CBSubs cost-prohibitive.

DT Register has a "Developer License" option, which allows me to use the component on multiple sites.

Spreading the cost over 10-15 client sites is a workable solution, but having each client pay $300-$400, well, that's about 80% of what I charge for the entire site - including hosting!

CBSubs would benefit from a single site/developer pricing model. Splitting $400 over 5-6 clients is doable. Paying that much for each client would be far too much.

Thank you

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104740 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Membership vs. Sponsorship & Pricing Model
You could split it if they all shared the same database, but that would combine their user total and go against the 500 users limit. Multiple pricing models were discussed, one which would allow you to "pay as you go" or "pay for what you need" type method was our planned and preferred method, but it received negative feedback. Thus the static value was released. If pricing model is to change it will be released here, but otherwise I do not have any information of pricing model changing at all.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #105191 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Re:Membership vs. Sponsorship & Pricing Model
Thank you for your response, Krileon.

I know it's difficult to predict what the needs will be on these things.

You might be able to have the best of both worlds if there were a "Developer License" that allowed use on multiple sites without the restrictions on users. It could be priced above your current "unlimited" price, and would make sense for a lot of Joomlapolitans.

Since my clients are tightly restricted by the government for one reason or another, I can't charge enough to cover even the minimum single-user license (combined with all the other costs). It's highly unlikely that any of my clients will get anywhere close to 500 members, but I'm also looking for another tool which will allow them to use the name and address data they collect for mailing, which could be thousands of names.

The way it's measured now (the user table), I'd have to pay for a larger user maximum in order to support just a few registered users on each site.

Thanks for giving this some consideration.

14 years 9 months ago #105243 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Membership vs. Sponsorship & Pricing Model
This was taken into consideration and is why there is a drop-down select to select multiple sites.

Select unlimited followed by selecting the amount of sites you need, then split the price between the sites and charge that amount, plus 5% or so, to each one.

This is a 1 time purchase. There are no monthly or yearly charges unless you wish to renew your maintenance.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.687 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn