CBSub Presale question

10 years 5 months ago #237297 by zen
CBSub Presale question was created by zen
My membership run year-round until the end of December each year. If Users subscribe to a membership in say June, is there a pay period option in CBSUb that lets me charge for whatever is remaining within the year (as opposed to for 3-month, 6-months, etc.)?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #237330 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBSub Presale question

zen wrote: My membership run year-round until the end of December each year. If Users subscribe to a membership in say June, is there a pay period option in CBSUb that lets me charge for whatever is remaining within the year (as opposed to for 3-month, 6-months, etc.)?

You can have calendar year membership and you can create an automatic discount promotion to calculate the proper discount depending on signup date.

CBSubs can also let you specify a

Bonus time before expiry (for calendar-based durations):

You can set this for example to 2 months meaning that if someone joins during the last 2 months of your calendar year these 2 months will be free with next years subscription.

10 years 5 months ago #237361 by zen
Replied by zen on topic CBSub Presale question
- Automatic Discount Promotion - can I specify the calculation method - i.e. by the remaining days, months?

- Bonus time before expiry - Do you use this in conjunction with the above or as a separate option?

In either case, would the user's next renewal date be set to the 1st day of the next renewal year?

10 years 5 months ago #237369 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBSub Presale question

zen wrote: - Automatic Discount Promotion - can I specify the calculation method - i.e. by the remaining days, months?

Basically you can configure one or more conditional automatic discounts that depend on order date. So for example you can subtract X amount if order date in month 3 of the year.

- Bonus time before expiry - Do you use this in conjunction with the above or as a separate option?

No this is a separate deal.

In either case, would the user's next renewal date be set to the 1st day of the next renewal year?

Yes.

10 years 5 months ago #237419 by zen
Thanks, Nick.

Also, if I install CBSub to a Joomla site with users already in existence, would CBSub automatically see them as subscribers or do I need to manually assign them as subscribers?

10 years 5 months ago #237428 by zen
I'm going to close this topic and open a new one in CBSub Support forum now that I have purchased the plugin.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn