CBSubs and coupons/gifts

10 years 4 months ago #238298 by zelena
CBSubs and coupons/gifts was created by zelena
Hi there

I need a subscriptions system that can handle gift subscriptions - one user buys a subscription for somebody else to use. Searching your forums, I'm not clear whether this might be possible.

Are any of the following possible:
1. User buys a coupon, which allows them to send a code to another person to use for a free subscription;
2. One subscription option (eg "gift from a friend") REQUIRES a code (eg from a predetermined list) in order for someone to subscribe;
3. Any other thoughts / workarounds.

I don't code, so if any solutions require custom coding, I'd appreciate knowing this upfront.

Thanks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 4 months ago #238590 by zelena
Replied by zelena on topic CBSubs and coupons/gifts
Sorry, I don't mean to be pushy but I am trying to decide which subscriptions component to purchase, and a reply from you would help a lot.

10 years 4 months ago #238607 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBSubs and coupons/gifts

zelena wrote: Hi there

I need a subscriptions system that can handle gift subscriptions - one user buys a subscription for somebody else to use. Searching your forums, I'm not clear whether this might be possible.

Are any of the following possible:
1. User buys a coupon, which allows them to send a code to another person to use for a free subscription;
2. One subscription option (eg "gift from a friend") REQUIRES a code (eg from a predetermined list) in order for someone to subscribe;
3. Any other thoughts / workarounds.

I don't code, so if any solutions require custom coding, I'd appreciate knowing this upfront.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay.

We do not have the feature as you describe it in CBSubs.

You can implement a wallet and give people wallet money and configure promotions to use wallet money instead of cash.

You can even sell wallet money by configuring a merchandise plan (buy X credits for Y$), but there is some difficulty in purchasing credits for other people.

I guess you could setup such a purchase by letting the purchaser fill out the userid of the person to accept the credits (must be a site user also).

So answer is there are some tools in place but there is no out of the box solution.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zelena

10 years 1 month ago #242958 by Krki
Replied by Krki on topic CBSubs and coupons/gifts
Hi

I'm in the same boat like Zelena.
I need to setup CBsubs so that registered users are able to purchase subscription as gift for other users.

I need to setup three subscription plans:
1. Free (done)
Whoever registers it will have 1 year of free access to digital version of magazine (by using DOCman)

2. Paid (done)
whoever pays it will have 1 year subscription to printed version of magazine - done

3. Paid gift (???)
Registered or already subscribed users should be able to purchase subscription for someone else.

Currently I'm still trying to figure how to use CBsubs for this task, so any suggestion would be appreciated.

I can see that similar feature was already asked several times here so it would be nice to implement something for this purpose to CBsubs.

Regards

10 years 1 month ago #242962 by nant
Replied by nant on topic CBSubs and coupons/gifts

Krki wrote: Hi

I'm in the same boat like Zelena.
I need to setup CBsubs so that registered users are able to purchase subscription as gift for other users.

I need to setup three subscription plans:
1. Free (done)
Whoever registers it will have 1 year of free access to digital version of magazine (by using DOCman)

2. Paid (done)
whoever pays it will have 1 year subscription to printed version of magazine - done

3. Paid gift (???)
Registered or already subscribed users should be able to purchase subscription for someone else.

Currently I'm still trying to figure how to use CBsubs for this task, so any suggestion would be appreciated.

I can see that similar feature was already asked several times here so it would be nice to implement something for this purpose to CBsubs.

Regards

Take a look at this tutorial:

www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18407-purchasing-discount-coupons

10 years 1 month ago #242965 by Krki
Replied by Krki on topic CBSubs and coupons/gifts
Hello

I will try this tutorial next week, thanks for the hint.
For me it would be OK to solve it like this, but my client is never satisfied :)

Is it possible something like this:

- to create few more CB fields:

Coupon recipient name
Coupon recipient email
Coupon recipient address
Coupon code for recipient
Message for coupon recipient

So that when someone purchase Merchandise plan for coupon, system automatically creates coupon AND sends it to Coupon recipient email address, with appropriate message?

All CBsubs thing is still very new to me, and my head is full of possible scenarios, so while trying to setup system I'm browsing trough forum and reading manual, but it will need few days to settle down.

So any hint is welcomed :)

regards

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn