Does CB cover this scenario?

6 years 5 months ago #299387 by webcoast
Does CB cover this scenario? was created by webcoast
Hi, I have a client who needs a forum/ticket system. They are already using community builder on their site and I am wondering whether CB can provide the functionality to cover this scenario, or whether you recommend one of your products or whether I need to install Kunena. It could be done in a ticket sytem, but the problem is that the venue needs to be able to view/edit the ticket as well as the guard and the site admin. So I am wondering if a forum would suit the scenario better.

They have a security business for bars/clubs which has 3 types of users... themselves (admin), the security guards (guards), and the venues (venues).

What they need to be able to do is create 'incident reports' when something happens at a venue. The guard would create the incident report with details of date/time, people involved, description of the incident, police involvement (yes/no), and the name of the venue.

In the backend of the site we already use Community Builder for the different user types. We have a Joomla user group for Venues (with the specific venues as sub groups), and a Guards user group.

My questions are these:
- if the police are called to the incident then they would like an email sent to the venue as well as to admin. Is this possible? We would need a field 'police called' as radio input yes/no to be able to check this.
- From the front end of the website, when each venue is logged in, they would like to be able to see each forum topic which is associated with their own venue. BUT we DON'T want them to see forum topics for any other venue except their own. Is this possible, and how would it be achieved?
- When guards are logged in to the frontend of the site they need to be able to view all tickets/tickets for each venue/forum-topics assigned to themselves. Is this possible?
- The venue needs to be able to edit the forum topic if required. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help.
Regards
Nicola

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299403 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Does CB cover this scenario?
CB doesn't have ticket functionality at all. I suggest just using an extension designed for that. Any of the help desk extensions should be sufficient. I suppose you could also use forums like Kunena, but that's not as private as a help desk solution would provide.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn