Community Builder Vs Facebook

3 years 2 months ago #322621 by dblevins
Community Builder Vs Facebook was created by dblevins
I purchased Community Builder some time ago, it is now outside the support time, but my intention was always to trial it first before committing to renewing the licence over and over again.

My main issue here is I need to get this working in as similar a manner to Facebook as possible. I already manage a large Facebook group and would like to entice as many members as possible across to the website and use Community Builder instead. For that reason I think it needs to work in almost the same manner, but with enhancements.

At present the newsfeed works more similar to Facebook notifications than it does to a Facebook newsfeed. It seems the subgroups work more like a Facebook feed, but there are no like buttons etc and no ability to upload pictures in comments. Just a notification that pictures have been uploaded.

These are just some issues. My question is, Is there development support available if I renew my licence. I don't mean the standard support. I would expect to pay extra, but is that possible to re-write parts of this system to get it to do what I need it to do.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322646 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Community Builder Vs Facebook
Forget Facebook. We nor you are a multibillion dollar company with a team of 100+ people. Cloning Facebook is an impossibility. We provide some similar features, but it will never be Facebook. If you want Facebook exactly my advise is to simply use Facebook.

Regarding support and what it provides please check our Help Us Help You below. We do not provide you with a personal developer, update, or install services. Support is limited to these forums exclusively. We do not provide paid development.

www.joomlapolis.com/help-us-help-you

With all that said the quickest way to get a social network off the ground is to use CB Quickstart. It's a preconfigured bundle of our products setup to match social networks best as we can for what's currently available in our products.

www.joomlapolis.com/addons/cb-quickstart

Our demo site below has it installed and is the Community menu you'll find at the top, but note our demo site also has raw product demos mixed in, which we've tried to isolate so it's clear.

demo.cbdemosites.com/

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn