Functionality Question - CB Gallery or Other Extension

3 years 2 months ago #322670 by rwestpga
I've been a Community Builder user for years now, but haven't tapped into it's full power until needing to do so now. I have a client who wants to setup about 50 users, and each will have profile, and need to upload images for display within their profile. I checked out CB Gallery but it seems to currently be a bit limited.

1) The upload needs to be an image of a piece of artwork that will be for sale. Each upload needs to have a description, but also a LINK to an alternate website, to open in a new window, where it can be purchased.

2) Each user would be uploading 25 images in November, but tag them (or schedule them) to 'Auto-publish' each of the first 25 days of December. So the first image would publish Dec 1st, the second on Dec 2nd, the third on Dec 3rd, and so on.

3) On the page where all the images are listed, they'd want to have a thumbnail of the image, the price, and if it's 'Available' or 'Sold'.

Does anyone know if the capabilities of Community Builder and authorized extensions would allow this to be accomplished?

If there is some custom programming work that needs to be done, my client would be willing to pay for it. They need these core things, and a nice looking interface. I believe Community Builder functionality is VERY CLOSE already, and i just need someone with a good knowledge of its capabilities, and possibly a good programmer, to allow us to achieve our goals.

I can provide a link to the current website too if needed. I hope to hear from someone, and thanks in advance for any help or advice you can provide!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #322671 by krileon

1) The upload needs to be an image of a piece of artwork that will be for sale. Each upload needs to have a description, but also a LINK to an alternate website, to open in a new window, where it can be purchased.

Descriptions are allowed. You should see the description field after upload on our demo site. As for the link there's no functionality for that. You might be able to extend CB Gallery with CB Auto Actions to have some kind of link field, but it'd be a bit of work to implement. The easiest approach is to use CB Gallery with CB Activity. This would allow them to make an activity post with a link to purchase with images attached to the post.

2) Each user would be uploading 25 images in November, but tag them (or schedule them) to 'Auto-publish' each of the first 25 days of December. So the first image would publish Dec 1st, the second on Dec 2nd, the third on Dec 3rd, and so on.

There's no publish-up date functionality in CB Gallery. Once uploaded they'd be immediately available.

3) On the page where all the images are listed, they'd want to have a thumbnail of the image, the price, and if it's 'Available' or 'Sold'.

That information could be included in the activity post if using the above description otherwise I suppose adding price and availability to the photo description is the only option.

I'm not sure CB Gallery fits what you're needing. You're needing more along the lines of product listings. A listing extension for Joomla or even a storefront would likely provide what you need out of the box.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

3 years 2 months ago #322672 by rwestpga
Thanks Kyle! I'd love to find an extension to do so...with the ability to integrate with Community Builder. If you have any ideas please let me know.

The most important aspect is that these 'listings' will need to accommodate several unique users that don't have anything more than Registered User status. I'll start looking this weekend. I really appreciate your quick response!

3 years 2 months ago #322699 by krileon
I don't have anything specific to recommend, but you'll probably want to check out extensions in the below categories maybe.

extensions.joomla.org/category/e-commerce/
extensions.joomla.org/category/vertical-markets/
extensions.joomla.org/category/news-display/tables-a-lists/

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rwestpga

3 years 1 month ago #322733 by rwestpga
Hey Kyle - I seemed to hit a dead-end, but honestly I really would love to use CB and CB Gallery - it's very close to my client's needs already.

Therefore, do you have any recommendations for an expert, that would be able to customize CB Gallery with the added functionality my client would need? It could be a 3rd Party or whoever. I think it would be very possible if your company allows software customization, and my client is willing to pay for the work as quoted. I'm hoping you have a team, or can recommend a company that knows your extension and can handle custom programming work.

3 years 1 month ago #322734 by krileon
CB Gallery has a lot of triggers for adding new functionality so it's certainly a possibility, but you'd need some experienced with CB to do that. I don't have anyone to recommend for such extensive modifications. CB Auto Actions can help you extend it yourself a good bit and I might be able to make some suggestions for some of the things you're wanting (e.g. adding a link field to uploads and adding a field to toggle sold state), but I can't make any sort of guarantee it's going to fit your needs exactly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.656 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn