Charging GST to Australian customers only

14 years 10 months ago #97747 by scottb1978
Charging GST to Australian customers only was created by scottb1978
I'm not sure if this is in scope for CBSubs but here we go....

We are an Australian based company so we are obliged to collect 10% GST from Australian based customers only.

Is this something that can be achieved using CBSubs and if so how. I believe this is similar to how VAT works in Europe.

If it is not possible through CBSubs do you have any suggestions about how to go about this(ie. we also use PAP so perhaps I should investigate it's VAT features)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #97773 by beat
CBSubs 1.0.x does not yet handle per-country VAT inside CBSUbs, but in conjunction with Paypal it does handle per country-VAT.

You need to configure the country VAT in paypal, and CBSubs will receive the VAT back from Paypal, accept it, and also show it on the invoice.

In addition, Paypal is in a better position than us to know and verify the country of the purchaser ;-)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #99125 by Pumuckl
Replied by Pumuckl on topic Re:Charging GST to Australian customers only
I tried it in paypal sandbox, inserted the VAT-ID for selleraccount, but the invoices are still labeled with "tax free".
What else must be configured in paypals sandbox?

14 years 10 months ago #99127 by beat
Pumuckl wrote:

I tried it in paypal sandbox, inserted the VAT-ID for selleraccount, but the invoices are still labeled with "tax free".
What else must be configured in paypals sandbox?

You need to go to Paypal->Profile->Tax Settings

Then add country and tax rate for that country.

Once that is done, if the customer is from that country, the tax rate will be added and tax shown on the invoice as well, after the payment.

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #99131 by Pumuckl
Replied by Pumuckl on topic Re:Charging GST to Australian customers only
this does not exist:
Paypal->Profile->Tax Settings

I cannot find anything :(

14 years 10 months ago #99133 by beat
Pumuckl wrote:

this does not exist:
Paypal->Profile->Tax Settings

I cannot find anything :(

Paypal Business account type is prerequisite for seller for that ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn