CB Subs custom registration forms

14 years 11 months ago #98882 by jingato
CB Subs custom registration forms was created by jingato
I was wondering how I could go about having 2 different registration forms for paid members and free members. I know you can set it up to hide certain fields for certain plans, but unfortunately that is not flexible enough to suit my needs. Some of the fields are required fields and thus hiding them will cause problems. Also, I would like to be able to change which fields are required depending on the plan they have chosen. For example, I want it to be required for paid members to enter there address when registering, but for free members I still want it to show the address, but not be required. I was wondering if there was any way to do this or if it will be implemented any time soon. Could it be done using a plugin and modifying the registration form on the fly? I was thinking that maybe I could use the onBeforeRegisterForm trigger to accomplish this? Any thoughts?

Thank you very much for the help

-John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #99130 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Subs custom registration forms
jingato wrote:

I was wondering how I could go about having 2 different registration forms for paid members and free members. I know you can set it up to hide certain fields for certain plans, but unfortunately that is not flexible enough to suit my needs. Some of the fields are required fields and thus hiding them will cause problems. Also, I would like to be able to change which fields are required depending on the plan they have chosen. For example, I want it to be required for paid members to enter there address when registering, but for free members I still want it to show the address, but not be required. I was wondering if there was any way to do this or if it will be implemented any time soon. Could it be done using a plugin and modifying the registration form on the fly? I was thinking that maybe I could use the onBeforeRegisterForm trigger to accomplish this? Any thoughts?

Thank you very much for the help

-John

- The improvement for mandatory fields being non-mandatory when hidden by a plan should be made in top priorities.

- Now changing the mandatory settings is a new, interesting, feature request. It's more than just handling a trigger, as validations are done at multiple levels.

We need to think more through that new feature request, as we will be adding some more features to CB and CBSubs in that area as well.

So while the first improvement will probably fit in one of next maintenance releases of CBSubs, the second one might not fit in same one, so hard to tell when it will be made possible at this stage. But we will keep it in mind, and reply again to thread when we have more information.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #99246 by ghog
Replied by ghog on topic Re:CB Subs custom registration forms
I have created a sub plan and are trying to assign a field to be controlled by it but the option for selecting the plan which controls this field is not available. Outlined in attached screengrab.
How is this?
Attachments:

14 years 11 months ago #99251 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:CB Subs custom registration forms
Is the plan published and has the proper access (public, registered, etc)? Have you cleared cache?

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 11 months ago #99255 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CB Subs custom registration forms
ghog wrote:

I have created a sub plan and are trying to assign a field to be controlled by it but the option for selecting the plan which controls this field is not available. Outlined in attached screengrab.
How is this?

Make sure to fill in the alternate short-name for the plans, if empty, it's not displayed empty here too, and in most of backend.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #99341 by ghog
Replied by ghog on topic Re:CB Subs custom registration forms
Thanks for the feedback guys. It turned out to be the short name missing as beat suggested.
However I still cannot get the fields to display on the subscription plan.
1. I have published the fields and assigned to be controlled by subs
2.The fields are activated in subs integration/cbfields
3.Also selected in workflow.

The plan is published and but only the subscription is selectable and no fileds are displaying (screen attached)

Is it necessary to create and activate a default plan first if I am using subs?
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn