SOLVED} Options in Hiding User Profile in Lists

1 week 5 days ago - 1 week 5 days ago #337872 by AlexRag
I seem to recall there being a way to hide profiles in list views besides using Joomla user groups.  Is that the only way to hide users or should I take a closer look at the Privacy Plugin?

Also, is there a way to hide Super Admins altogether? 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 week 5 days ago #337877 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Options in Hiding User Profile in Lists
CB Privacy can hide them using the Profile Privacy field. If set to Private for example they won't show up.

The best way however for permanently removing specific users is either usergroups or Filters on your userlist. Example as follows would exclude specific user ids.

Filters
Advanced:
ue.`id` NOT IN ( 42, 39, 12 )

You'd basically just have a comma list of user ids. In this example users with an id of 42, 39, and 12 will never appear in the userlist. Advanced filters let you directly add to the WHERE statement of the userlist query so you've quite a bit of control over who is shown.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 week 5 days ago #337884 by AlexRag
Replied by AlexRag on topic Options in Hiding User Profile in Lists
That's great.  I tried it out and works.  

The only weird thing and it may be because I am viewing the list as the Super Admin is that I see the Super Admin displayed even though they are not in the usergroup selected to display.   I suspect it is because Super Admins generally override view settings imposed on regular users.

1 week 5 days ago #337885 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Options in Hiding User Profile in Lists
That would depend on what usergroups you have selected. It absolutely should not be showing users that do not have any of the selected usergroups. You can also exclude the super admin using the advanced filter shown above to avoid having to be super specific with usergroups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexRag

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.308 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn