[#2907] IM Notification from GroupJive Join Requests

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #177135 by drdehart
We recently changed the notification message from uddeim to include a link to the message in the body of the email notification. We put: %msglink% into the mailer code ('_UDDEIM_EMN_BODY_NOMESSAGE').

It works fine when we send messages directly through uddeim, but when a user get a uddeim message that is originating from GroupJive, the message link is missing the domain name. In other words, when sent directly we see this in the email notification:

www.domain.com/
index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=show&Itemid=100050&messageid=39575

But when GJ sends a message, we see only
index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=show&Itemid=100050&messageid=39575

Here is the entire line of code in the english.php file for uddeim:

"Hi %you%,\n\n%user% has sent you a private message. Here is a link to the message: \n\n %msglink%. \n\n For privacy purposes, you will need to be logged in to read it! \n\n %livesite%");

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177152 by krileon
UddeIM is editing the messages on the fly and altering the body to append your message. This apparently doesn't work right for messages sent through their API. Please contact UddeIM regarding your issue at the below forums.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/25-uddeim-plugin-and-component

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177179 by slabbi
The API shares the code from uddeIM, so the code which sends notification messages is 100% identical.

The API and uddeIM call uddeIMdispatchEMN() in includes.php
I do not see any reason why the link is different in GJ. Do you have any idea?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

12 years 7 months ago #177403 by drdehart
We also have a custom component that uses the uddeim API for messaging and the link in its messages is fine also. So sending directly from uddeim and from our component is working, but the GJ messaging does not.

Think the ball is in your court, Krileon, is there some information I can provide to help resolve this?

12 years 7 months ago #177413 by slabbi
Does GJ use the API in uddeIM component folder or does it use a maybe older copy in its own folder?

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

12 years 7 months ago #177415 by krileon
GJ uses CBs API to send messages.

$_CB_PMS->sendPMSMSG( $to_id, $from_id, $subject, $message, true );

There's nothing more to its usage as that single line sends it through CB. Please ensure you're using CBs "Private Message System" plugin and is configured appropriately. Reviewing source the URL that is substituted as %msglink% is built correctly and as follows.

$msglink = cbSef( "index.php?option=com_uddeim&task=show&messageid=" . (int) $var_msgid, false );

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn