[#2907] IM Notification from GroupJive Join Requests

12 years 5 months ago #182975 by drdehart
Can you provide the name/path of the file to be changed and the recommended change?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #182982 by krileon

slabbi wrote: Sorry, but UddeIM CB plugin supports %msglink% (it calls the function from UddeIM component).

I see, thank you for the clarification as did not see it adding %msglink% in UddeIMs CB plugin; good to know it's done from component.

Can you provide the name/path of the file to be changed and the recommended change?

The language strings you may need to adjust are as follows.

_UDDEIM_EMN_FORGETMENOT
_UDDEIM_EMN_BODY_WITHMESSAGE
_UDDEIM_EMN_BODY_NOMESSAGE

Please note these are Joomla language strings provided by UddeIMs language files upon install and are not found in CBs language files. The above is for UddeIMs notification.

If you're wanting to adjust the PMS sent by GJ it self then you'll need to ensure GJs language plugin is installed and change the string in question to have %msglink% in the body. Either/or solution should work fine. I wouldn't use both of course as you'd end up with double links.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183033 by slabbi
When I remember correctly the problem was that in PMs send from UddeIM the placeholder %msglink% was evaluated correctly and when send from GJ the site URL was missing.

I am not quite sure but it seems that JRouter has problems to create a link when a component uses a different Itemid while Jrouter is called.

I have added an option to UddeIM 2.6 which allows to switch off SEF for this placeholder. The development version can be pulled from the SVN on Joomlacode and is (currently) stable (but not final).

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

12 years 4 months ago #184492 by drdehart
OK - we would like to apply this solution using the CB Plug-in. Can you tell me specifically which file (and path, if possible) is to be modified?

12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #184507 by krileon

I am not quite sure but it seems that JRouter has problems to create a link when a component uses a different Itemid while Jrouter is called.

J1.7 router goes nuts if there's no Itemid. I had this problem in CB Blogs and the solution was to ensure if no Itemid is int he URL to not pass it through Joomlas router and manually append the live_site to the URL. Otherwise Joomla would screw up the URL or even have a fatal error. No idea if it's a Joomla bug or intentional though.

OK - we would like to apply this solution using the CB Plug-in. Can you tell me specifically which file (and path, if possible) is to be modified?

Apply what solution? Please be more specific. Based off slabbis reply you need UddeIM 2.6 and to disable SEF for that placeholder from UddeIM configuration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 4 months ago #184523 by drdehart

Apply what solution? Please be more specific. Based off slabbis reply you need UddeIM 2.6 and to disable SEF for that placeholder from UddeIM configuration.

Well - think I'm getting confused - I thought Slabbi's solution was only necessary if using the uddeIM plug-in. Is all that necessary when using the CB plugin as well?

I was just asking where (which path/file/line) we are to add the %msglink% parameter to get a link to the message to appear in the email notification when using CB 1.7.1, GJ 2.4, the CB PM plugin, and the latest production version of uddeim (2.5).

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn