[#2907] IM Notification from GroupJive Join Requests

12 years 7 months ago #177419 by slabbi
...or use cb_plug_pms_uddeim.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177425 by krileon

slabbi wrote: ...or use cb_plug_pms_uddeim.

Haven't used the plugin included with the package. Is there any changes or maybe new features we need to be aware of? Otherwise doesn't seam necessary to include a plugin that does the same as our core. :)

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177430 by slabbi
It supports some special uddeIM features:
- message obfuscating
- moderation feature of uddeIM 2.5 premium plugin
- locking message account
- blocking users and groups
There were a few reports that cr and lf escape codes are printed when used with the autowelcome plugin which is not the case when the CB plugin is used but I was not able to reproduce the problem.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

12 years 7 months ago #177434 by krileon
Ah, I see; perhaps we need to review your plugin and make an upgrade to our core plugin. We're certainly open to suggestions. If core for UddeIM needs upgrading we'll certainly accept and review your patches if any. Regardless either/or should work just fine. I'd suggest testing both to see if either/or provides msglink correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 7 months ago #177437 by drdehart
back in this post we were advised to disable the CB PMS plug-in and did: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/154-advanced-members-support/163551-solved-quick-message-does-not-send-an-email-notification

PMS uddeIM plugin is installed and enabled.

when you say either/or do you mean either PMS uddeIM plug-in or CB PMS plug-in? If so, we are in compliance, but the msglink is not working properly in GJ messages.

12 years 7 months ago #177441 by slabbi
Do only enable one of the two plugins.

When the %msglink% does still not work I have really no idea. As I said before the plugin calls a function in the main uddeIM component and so it should work.

I do not know what happens when you enable both plugins, maybe it uses the CB plugin which might contain older code?!?

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.194 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn