Unable to ADMIN joomla site

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177879 by natbarre
Unable to ADMIN joomla site was created by natbarre
Hello,

I just finished a complete fresh install of cb1.7 and cbsubs on my site and now joomla won't let me login. I get an error 500, and cannot login under my admin login in the front or back end.

The install was error free and I installed the following cbsubs plugins:email integration, core, cb fields, field-tabs protection, folder access, content integration, cbsubs admin navigation module(which didn't show up in my module list immediately for some reason), and content protection
I enabled the cblogin module and disabled the joomla one per instructions, logged out, and couldn't log back in.

A bit confused. I used the download package available in the professional subscribers download section.
cb_1_7_0_RC-unzip1st
and
CBSubs_122

Perhaps my license being registered for mydomain/blah and me installing cb on mydomain/blah2 is causing the issue?
Or, reading through the installation, i missed the synchronize users step in my cb install. perhaps that's the issue. can i initialize that via ftp?
Please help!
Nat!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #177885 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Unable to ADMIN joomla site

natbarre wrote: Hello,

I just finished a complete fresh install of cb1.7 and cbsubs on my site and now joomla won't let me login. I get an error 500, and cannot login under my admin login in the front or back end.

500 error typically leave a trace in your server error log - consult your hosting helpdesk on how to check yours.

Did 500 error come after CB installation or CBSubs?

If after CBSubs then maybe your environment does not have ioncube installed (check CBSubs prerequisites).

The install was error free and I installed the following cbsubs plugins:email integration, core, cb fields, field-tabs protection, folder access, content integration, cbsubs admin navigation module(which didn't show up in my module list immediately for some reason), and content protection
I enabled the cblogin module and disabled the joomla one per instructions, logged out, and couldn't log back in.

exactly what did you disable?
maybe you disabled a joomla plugin and not the module?

A bit confused. I used the download package available in the professional subscribers download section.
cb_1_7_0_RC-unzip1st
and
CBSubs_122

Your professional membership download area only has GroupJive 2.4 RC2.
The CB 1,7 RC package is in the archived Professional membership area - all archived packages are old and have been replaced by newer releases. The archived packages are just stored in case people need for some reason to get earlier versions.

Perhaps my license being registered for mydomain/blah and me installing cb on mydomain/blah2 is causing the issue?

Please help!
Nat!

No, that should have nothing to do with it.
The CBSubs license is a floating one and is not strictly tied to a single domain. You can uninstall CBSubs from one website and install on another (can even have short overlap).

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #177886 by natbarre
Replied by natbarre on topic Re: Unable to ADMIN joomla site
i looked through the install guidelines and found that i skipped the sync users section for some stupid reason. I completed the cb and cbsubs install in the same login session, so i can't pin down when i messed up something. Can I uninstall via ftp and start over?

i've downloaded the newest version of cb now.
cb_1_7_0-unzip1st.zip

oh, and thanks for the quick response nant,
nat

12 years 7 months ago #177891 by natbarre
i'll go ahead and do a reinstall of the whole site again, shouldn't take too long. sorry to bother you when i didn't follow directions.

12 years 7 months ago #177897 by natbarre
nant,

i just completed another reinstall and went very slowly through the instructions. this is a fresh joomla installation, fresh database, no other extensions installed. I logged out after installing the newest version of cb 1.7 and was able to log back in. i then installed cbsubs per published instructions and now i get the error 500 again. i'm rolling on a godaddy hosting account and this install worked on my previous site(which i'm now rebuilding because i deleted my users and broke it) which was a 1.6 site upgraded to 1.7.

the login module that i disabled was the LOGIN FORM module.

I'll contact godaddy about the server error, but have you had any similar issues.
i installed ioncube in the root for the previous install and haven't touched it.

12 years 7 months ago #177899 by natbarre
aha! godaddy doesn't have server logs for shared linux hosting accounts!! However, this may help. The frontend loads fine, but doesn't have a login module! When i went to login to my phpadmin, it accused me of having the wrong password, which i did not(so i reset it and now i can login.)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn