[SOLVED] Differents fields for differents profile

12 years 5 months ago #183097 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Differents fields for differents profile
I don't have a release date, sorry. The progress field is not high on my priority list as other incubator projects currently have higher priority. I strongly don't recommend basing your entire site around a single incubator project.

Please also note CB Triggers is being depreciated. This means the force edit will be going away for the most part. It will still force edit, but only at time of login and not on every page like it currently does.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183104 by vipzeus
Replied by vipzeus on topic Re: Differents fields for differents profile

Please also note CB Triggers is being depreciated. This means the force edit will be going away for the most part. It will still force edit, but only at time of login and not on every page like it currently does.

That is what i need, just at login.

I do not know how difficult it is to change priorities of urgency but I think I explained my situation and have defects than among the components of your answers, I also unclear. Not to mention the damage to my business that is causing this situation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183123 by krileon
The plugin is open source and you're welcome to review and make any changes you feel necessary or have someone look at it for you. I however can not drop other projects with more urgency for this one. Several don't even function at all on J1.7 and must be attended to. It's frustrating to stop developing on a project mid-development in favor for another as it causes me to lose track and forget what I was previously doing. I again apologize, but other projects have a higher priority right now. I'll fix it whenever I possibly can.

Alternatives for example are setting first time login redirect in CB > Configuration > Registration to send users to profile edit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183200 by vipzeus
Replied by vipzeus on topic Re: Differents fields for differents profile

The plugin is open source and you're welcome to review and make any changes you feel necessary or have someone look at it for you.

Many thanks for the information.

I try to take a look the code, and i find in the plugin.cbprogressfield.php - line 35 the follow lines:

if ( $redirect ) {
				$plugin						=	cbprogressfieldClass::getPlugin();
				$force_edit					=	$plugin->params->get( 'force_edit', 0 );

if ( $force_edit ) {
					$user					=&	CBuser::getUserDataInstance( $myId );
					$user_fields			=	cbprogressfieldClass::getUserFields( $user );
					$incomplete				=	array();

if ( $user_fields ) foreach ( $user_fields as $user_field ) {
						if ( $user_field->required && ( ! $user_field->complete ) ) {
							$incomplete[]	=	$user_field->title;
						}
I'm not php programer, but if understand i have to create in these lines a condition who looks what is viewed or hidden?

12 years 5 months ago #183247 by krileon
The problem is likely in getUserFields. I've quick reviewed the plugin and it seams fine other then not properly checking completeness of some fieldtypes such as date fields (will always report them as completed). Please explain your issue exactly so can be reviewed when I get to upgrading this project.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 5 months ago #183252 by krileon
I've uploaded a beta build of 1.0.5 with a few fixes, please install and test if will resolve your issue. Please note 1.0.5 only checks for incomplete fields at login and does not require CB Triggers anymore. Please also keep in mind this is a beta build and will not touch further on this issue until I'm at a point where I can properly upgrade and fix the plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn