|
+group 2
+group 3

And group 1 will then be moderators
Will that correct the behaviour?

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #183903 by krileon
You mean the following?

Group 1
- Group Head
- - Group A
- - Group B
- - Group C

Then Group A being moderator? I believe so, yes.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #183945 by fribse2011
Darned, I can't figure out how to solve this.
I tried doing this:

And then put the moderators in CB MOD group, but that didn't work.
I guess that's because the CB's should be a group that owns what lies higher in the tree, not the opposite.

I have these commitees defined as groups, they don't need to be groups actually, they could just be CB fields I guess, that might do it, if all the commitees are just CB fields, and the lists user can see which lists commitees, are based on CB values instead of groups.

The only group that has special righs are the board 'bestyrelse', so I could remove all the other commitees, and as far as I can see that would leave a single structure.
So if I create my CB moderators as a level under 'bestyrelse' instead, it might work?

Ah, but that won't work in Kunena, as that only uses ACL or Joomla groups, and the commitees have their own forum under Kunena.

I've even tried to move the commitees as children under Public, but it still will not work.

It still complain about 'Festudvalg'

So I can't get it working, the moderator thing needs moderation :-)

The problem as I can see it is that I have multiple parallel groups, so no matter what I do, CB mods can never be a child of all the groups.

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #183950 by krileon
Usergroups work in a parent>child relationship. Example as follows

Public
- Registered (has more rights then Public, but not Author or Publisher)
- - Author (has more rights then Registered, but not Publisher)
- - - Publisher (has more rights then Author)

So if I create my CB moderators as a level under 'bestyrelse' instead, it might work?

No, because then it's a child of "Bestyrelse " and has no rights to the parent "Festudvalg". You can try the below and it might do the trick. ACL is a very complicated process and it's often best left alone if possible.

Public
- Admin
- - Co-Sysop
- Registered
- - - Bestyrelse
- - - Festudvalg
- - - Husudvalg
- - - Juniorudvalg
- - - Medieudvalg
- - - Sponsorudvalg
- - - Turudvalg
- - - Uddannelsesudvalg
- - - Udstyrsudvalg
- - - CB Mod
- Super Users

CB 1.x releases will never fully support Joomla 1.7 ACL. It simply isn't designed for it. We'll have significantly better ACL control with release of CB 2.0 where from the ground up it can understand more then 1 usergroup is possible. Wherein CB 1.7 it's been designed for years to understand a single usergroup. I've bug fixed this to best of my ability for now, but we've yet to discuss internally how some of this should behave.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #183953 by fribse2011
Well, I just did another experiment.

A simple user, only in 'Member', nothing else, and the test user, just member of cbmod, and nothing else.
The group hierachy looks like this currently:

But I still get a message:

You cannot edit a `member`. Only higher-level users have this power.

Which I just don't understand. I thought that should be the right way of doing it, as the 'CBMOD' is a grandchild of the 'Member'

I'm sure everything get's better in the next version, that's omnipresent truth, but I still need to understand the way this works, or doesn't.

Best regards
Fribse

Attachments:

12 years 5 months ago #183957 by krileon
There's nothing more I can tell you as it's a bug. It's broken. I'm ongoing fixing the issue and testing as I go. CB Mod has more permissions then Member and yes they should be able to edit them, but a bug is preventing them from doing so. Please watch the forge ticket for updates on the issue if you'd like to keep up with the patches as they will change as the fix changes. Often a fix breaks something else then that needs fixed, etc.. this is an example of such a case.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn