[#3038] Can I allow moderators to edit user-read only fiel

12 years 5 months ago #183979 by fribse2011
Not really sure where my previous reply went, so I'll repost.

Plese Krileon, don't misunderstand me, I'm in no way complaining, I'm trying to help out with testing, of which I'm pretty used to from my professinal life.

I've downloaded the latest patch now, and if I make people that are in a commitee (ie. group below member, that are not 'bestyrelse') to be ALSO a member of 'Member', I can also edit those people.
This is of course not strictly to the Joomla recommandations, but it will make it work.

Next question is the amount of editing possibilities when I go to the user profile.
I'm not sure if it as inteded, should it display only show the fields that are marked as 'Front edit only by cb moderators', or is it also the 'user modifiable'?

Best regards
Fribse

Frømandsklubben Nikon, www.nikondyk.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Ishøj, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #184017 by krileon

Plese Krileon, don't misunderstand me, I'm in no way complaining, I'm trying to help out with testing, of which I'm pretty used to from my professinal life.

It had been a long day and spent many hours on this issue. I apologize for the added crankiness, lol. Please be sure to follow the issue on forge however as will make updates there when needed.

I've downloaded the latest patch now, and if I make people that are in a commitee (ie. group below member, that are not 'bestyrelse') to be ALSO a member of 'Member', I can also edit those people.
This is of course not strictly to the Joomla recommandations, but it will make it work.

With final patch I posted yesterday the below should work fine now.

Public
- Registered
- - Author
- - - Publisher (Moderator group)
- - Author 2
- - Author 3

If I was a Publisher I can edit Author 1, 2, 3, and Registered users.

The issue was with a secondary permission check seeing if you and the user being edited had the same group. In this case you did and so it would fail. I've upgraded it however to instead check that the user being edited is in a child group of yours which means you're a parent over them and of course have higher permission.

I'm not sure if it as inteded, should it display only show the fields that are marked as 'Front edit only by cb moderators', or is it also the 'user modifiable'?

Yes it should.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184026 by fribse2011

krileon wrote:

It had been a long day and spent many hours on this issue. I apologize for the added crankiness, lol. Please be sure to follow the issue on forge however as will make updates there when needed.

Yes of course, will do!

With final patch I posted yesterday the below should work fine now.

Public
- Registered
- - Author
- - - Publisher (Moderator group)
- - Author 2
- - Author 3

If I was a Publisher I can edit Author 1, 2, 3, and Registered users.

The structure here is a bit different.

Public
- Registered
- - - Author
- - - - Publisher (Moderator group)
- - - Author 2
- - - Author 3

The issue was with a secondary permission check seeing if you and the user being edited had the same group. In this case you did and so it would fail. I've upgraded it however to instead check that the user being edited is in a child group of yours which means you're a parent over them and of course have higher permission.

If I remove the 'member' from user, it still doesn't work :-/

Yes it should.

:lol: not really sure what you are confirming.
1) are the moderators supposed to have access to all fields that are either user modifiable or cb moderator modifiable
or
2) are the moderators supposed to ONLY have access to cb moderator modifiable

Currently I'm seeing 1)

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 5 months ago #184061 by krileon

If I remove the 'member' from user, it still doesn't work :-/

Completely confused. I've applied the latest pre-patched files for you. I then added test11 to your CB Mod usergroup and confirmed I can now edit Dorte. Please also confirm if it's working as you'd expect. Given CB Mod is deeper then Member or any of members children it should be able to edit member and all of members children.

1) are the moderators supposed to have access to all fields that are either user modifiable or cb moderator modifiable

Yup, that's how it should work.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 5 months ago #184063 by fribse2011
Oh darned, that's the problem when two are testing, I've added all the users that have commitee memberships to also be part of member.
I'm removing them from 'Member' as we speak...

Best regards
Fribse

12 years 5 months ago #184065 by fribse2011
Ok, I've cleared the 'Member' setting for all users.
If I try and look at AndreasLC, he's a member of two commitees, and I still see the message of forbidden, when trying to access his profile.
If the users are just in 'Member' or 'Bestyrelse', which are direct parants / grandparents to the CBMod group, then it works.

I will not modify anything for now in concern with groups or the like.

Best regards
Fribse

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn