Just can't figure out how to hide a tab...

12 years 3 weeks ago #196899 by jem32
How do I hide tabs from all but the owner?

I am trying my BEST to NOT have to use profile pro or the like on these profiles and so far, so good. Until I get to hiding tabs...

I have groupjive installed. I want my paid members to be able to access this tab and free members cannot. I want ONLY the paid members to see this tab in their profiles. No other person should see what groups these members are subscribed to. It should be a private tab for their use only.

So, here are my settings. I've been messing with this for DAYS now and still find the tab showing up on free accounts, no matter what combination I'm using. I must be missing something critical in my understanding of the use of the fields/tabs protect.

A. CBSubs Fields Tabs Protect: Tab CB Subs preferences
Yes, CB subs control detailed tab access

1) For other viewers:
Owner plans controlling tab available in profile:
I have selected the paid accounts who have access to this tab

2) For profile owner himself:
Still available for profile owner: Yes, owner's tab available for profile owner.

Owner plans controlling tab editable:
I have selected the paid accounts who have access to this tab

3)For moderators:
No on both.

B. Tab visibility depending on viewer's subscriptions

1) For other viewers:

View plans controlling tab visibility by viewer:
I have selected a dummy plan that I created per suggestions on this forum to hide this from all but the owner.

Viewer plans controlling tab searchable:
I have selected the dummy plan.

2)For profile owner himself:
No, profile owner himself is also restricted

3)For Moderators:
No, moderators also restricted

This is the closest I have come, so far. Users cannot see other users groups tab. But my free accounts STILL see this tab in their profiles when they are logged in. I've tried so many settings here that it's crazy and I just can't seem to hit on the right combo to make this tab private for all but the profile owner AND only available for paid members. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Jenni

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196906 by jem32
Oops, I realized I forgot to post my versions. I installed the new version of EVERYTHING last weekend, including CBSubs on a new 2.5.4 installation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196915 by krileon
The reason it's still available to them is due to "Still available for profile owner: Yes, owner's tab available for profile owner.". Change this is profile owner is also restricted should resolve your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196923 by jem32
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. However, I have already tried that setting and just tried it again. The paid users can't see the tab in their own profiles when I change it to restrict them as well. That is the one place I want it to show. Any other suggestions? What could I be doing wrong?

12 years 3 weeks ago #196924 by krileon
Is that tab supposed to show on profile view at all? Are you just trying to create a profile edit only tab? Please understand what you're trying to do the plugin was never designed for so getting it to work in such a way may not be easy or even possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #196926 by jem32
Yes, but only for paid members in their own profile. I would like the profile owner to see this tab in his profile so he can see what groups he is a member of and easily access them. Free members don't get to use the groups feature at all, nor do I want them (or any other member) to have access to know what groups other members have joined.

Is this scenario not possible?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn