Fatal Error with CB Connect

12 years 3 weeks ago #198792 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Fatal Error with CB Connect
Ensure that within CBSubs > Settings > Global you've set free lifetime plans to create subscriptions. Without it the free lifetime plans are basically dummy plans and don't actually store a subscription.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 weeks ago #198796 by raniko
Replied by raniko on topic Re: Fatal Error with CB Connect
Looks okay to me... If I set the middle option to yes, then registration will go through, but the user can never select the plan, which breaks my process.

Attachments:

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #198799 by krileon
I see, looks like a validation done with the after registration trigger in CBSubs. You're going to have to allow free registrations as CBSubs validation will always fail (single sign on bypasses traditional registration, that's the point of it). My guess is this is due to having Exclusive (required) plans on registration. I've let Beat know that this causes issues for CB Connect to see if something can be worked out for a future release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 3 weeks ago #198809 by raniko
I just made all my plans non exclusive. No luck. The funny thing is that the very first time I tested this, 2 of 4 plans appeared for selection. At that time, all of my plans were exclusive and free registrations were not allowed. I just can't replicate that now.

What should my usergroup field be in CB Connect for my situation? I've been testing default cms, registered and public. The goal is simply to trigger the plans to pop up and avoid that fatal error. All of my plans are visible to public and up...

Thanks.

12 years 3 weeks ago #198813 by krileon
I don't know what setup you previously had so I can't tell you what will or will not work, sorry. I do not have access to CBSubs source so I can't tell you exactly what causes that validation error to kick. I would assume you need plans that allow upgrade and are public as well as published. That error is happening directly after the user is registered and before they can login so it has something to do with registration validation of plans selected. I've let Beat know of the error and we will discuss internally what can be done regarding it or if there's some sort of configuration to circumvent it.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

12 years 3 weeks ago #198819 by raniko
Okay. Thanks. I think that I reset everything as it was and retested but I can't be 100% certain. It may be possible that I broke something while testing also, although I have no idea how that would happen. Keep me posted on any updates you have.

As far as my question as to which CB Connect usergroup to use, do you have any suggestions? Anything I can do to limit the variables while testing would be useful.

Many thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn