[#3552] Making Users into Banner Clients

11 years 10 months ago #202426 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Making Users into Banner Clients
I've no idea how the module is generating those links, but it should have the Joomla menu link to CBs profile Itemid appended to it at all times. You can of course edit it and hardcode the Itemid in.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #202467 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Re: Making Users into Banner Clients

krileon wrote: but it should have the Joomla menu link to CBs profile Itemid appended to it at all times.

How can I ensure it does? How is the Profile ItemID set? It doesnt, sometimes it has no ID at all, so did I not set something up properly? I have menu links for My Profile and Edit My Profile and they both have ItemIDs, 481 & 483. And the online now module displays profiles with ItemID 481.

It looks like the image URLs dont have an ItemID when coming off a non-CB page, like Uddeim or wrapper pages. When on CB related pages, the image appends the ItemID to the end of the link, but on non-CB pages no ItemID appended.

And how can I hardcode it? Where in the module code do I look? Can't find it.

11 years 10 months ago #202479 by krileon
You need to ensure you have a public and published Joomla menu link to CBs profile. This link is mandatory. Ensure you're testing with SEF off so it's easier to review the URLs to ensure they have their needed Itemids. It's possible this could be a bug.

And how can I hardcode it? Where in the module code do I look? Can't find it.

I can't help you with that. We don't support core edits and you'd have to review the modules source code your self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #202483 by marriage_minded_man
I do have a menu link to 'my profile' and 'edit profile'. But they are not public. Can that be it? They need to be public? How can i make them public, that wouldnt make any sense. I guess i can put them in a hidden menu of sorts?

11 years 10 months ago #202488 by krileon

Can that be it?

Probably.

They need to be public?

Just the menu link to CB profiles needs to be public. This link does not have to be visible however. For example create a new menutype called "Hidden" and do not publish its module. Now add your public and published CB link to that new Hidden menutype. This gives you the Itemid usage without actually having a public menu link to profile.

How can i make them public

Just edit the link and set it as public.

I guess i can put them in a hidden menu of sorts?

Yup.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #202511 by marriage_minded_man
Still not working.

I have a menu called Hidden Menu. Inside that menu, I have a menu link called "Hidden User Profile Link Mandatory", which is public and published. The Menu Item Type I selected for it (by clicking that select button) was "User Profile (mandatory!)" from under the Comprofiler list.

I even created a Menu module for this Menu and called it "Hidden Menu Module" and made it Public and on all Pages. I have given it a position but have not published it.

I even tried publishing it and giving it no position. Then publishing and with a position momentarily.

Still, when I'm on a non-cb pages the image in the rotator links to profiles with no itemid appended.

Note, when I saved this menu link (User profile mandatory), it didnt show the item id in the Link field inside the Menu Item properties. Just shows "index.php?option=com_comprofiler", but it does show the itemid in the url of that menu link (if i publish that hidden menu). But still no itemid on the images in the image rotator.

Frustrated. I even tried making the main user menu module to be public momentarily (which has my profile and edit my profile links (both Public but inside a Registered menu module), and still nothing.

What am I doing wrong?

Can you set up a non-cb page with the gallery mod and see if it appends the item id?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn