[#3552] Making Users into Banner Clients

11 years 10 months ago #201937 by marriage_minded_man
Replied by marriage_minded_man on topic Re: Making Users into Banner Clients
Ok. Tried the CB Profile Gallery. Nice module.

I like the scrolling feature and that I can dictate the size of the image. However, still cant link to an external URL, but if I have to just link to their profile then that will have to do for now.

Problem: There is a user that no longer exists (i was doing testing a while back), and the image folder does not get deleted with the user. So I thought ok, I will just delete the image folder of the user located at

/images/comprofiler/plug_profilegallery/userid

So I just deleted that folder. But now the scrolling module, displays a default jpg and png icons. I guess its looking for the images and cant find it.

So how do I delete a gallery after a user is deleted? and how do i get rid of these icons?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 10 months ago #201938 by marriage_minded_man
ok. icons seemed to have gone away now. must have been a caching issue?

so do i have to delete the gallery folders manually if i delete a user?

11 years 10 months ago #201976 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Making Users into Banner Clients

must have been a caching issue?

Possibly, I recommend a short cache time (3mins at most).

so do i have to delete the gallery folders manually if i delete a user?

No, it'll delete their CB ProfileGallery entries if the user is deleted. This assumes they're deleted properly through CB > User Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #201978 by marriage_minded_man
oh ok. Its possible I may have deleted them through the Joomla user list.

How can I change the link of the image to go to their site? Is it possible to find the code and put in a substitute (inside the code itself) to a field on their profile that is a url? Instead of having it link to their profile?

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #202000 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Making Users into Banner Clients

How can I change the link of the image to go to their site?

You can't; profile gallery and image fields alike upload directly to your server.

Is it possible to find the code and put in a substitute (inside the code itself) to a field on their profile that is a url? Instead of having it link to their profile?

You could have a Web Address field for them to put the URL to their site and anytime someone views their profile it'll have that link visible for anyone to click.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 10 months ago #202394 by marriage_minded_man
Ok. So this sort of worked. However, the URL link for the banners/images, that leads to their profile, sometimes has a "&itemid=xxx" and sometimes it doesn't. I'm guessing its based on the page that the banner is clicked from (I guess it inherits an item id from the page its on?

This poses a problem, because I have the profile pages of users set up as 2 columns (just a menu on the left. Sometimes when the banner/image is clicked, it displays the profile as 1 column (no left side menu). Do I have the profile page set up wrong? Shouldnt all profile page views be a specific itemid to display the proper modules? How is the random image modules compiling this URL?
Sometimes its:

/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=194&tab=getProfileGalleryTab

and other times its:

/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=userProfile&user=194&tab=getProfileGalleryTab&Itemid=481 or some other itemid.

Can I hardcode it to be a specific itemid so that it displays the proper profile page structure?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn