[#3622] Add to K2 user group with CBsubs

11 years 6 days ago #226495 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Add to K2 user group with CBsubs
It can already be done with CB Auto Actions and has been the case for months now. An integration specific to CBSubs won't be made as it's not needed. Latest CB Auto Actions has CBSubs triggers available. Please see the below topic for an example usage.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/220752-problem-with-url-integration#225249

Alternative is to use CBSubs SQL Actions and add the K2 groups using database queries.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 days ago #226583 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: Add to K2 user group with CBsubs
Could you help me with that cb auto configuration?

published: yes
type: k2
title: k2group
description: users from "anual plan" are in k2group-1, when plan expire they are out, when plan is on they are in.
Triggers: ?

In the case most people of the site are already using the "anual plan".

Alternative is to use CBSubs SQL Actions and add the K2 groups using database queries.

Is that easier or better solution? i could try also. With some help :) . I would like something simple, because i'm not a programmer, but with some orientation i can do stuff.

Thanks
Diogo

11 years 3 days ago #226656 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Add to K2 user group with CBsubs

Could you help me with that cb auto configuration?

Please see my previous reply. I've already provided a working example. Just change the Type to K2 and adjust the conditionals. Then set K2 action usages as needed.

Is that easier or better solution?

Depends on if you know how to write SQL or not. If not then no.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 years 11 months ago #228171 by celestine63
Replied by celestine63 on topic [#3622] Add to K2 user group with CBsubs
Hi guys, I searched the forums & this is the closest thread I can find, I have a similar problem as the ones mentioned here.

I have set up CB with a multistep rego form with 2 custom user types, Customer & Staff. I have added these user types to K2 User groups. However when a new registration happens, the users are added to K2s User list but are not automatically assigned to K2's corresponding user group. I have to click on the User & manually assign them to a user group.

Would this code

INSERT INTO `#__k2_users` ( `userID`, `userName`, `group` ) VALUES ( '[user_id]', '[USERNAME]', 3 )
ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE `userName` = '[USERNAME]', `group` = 3;

be applicable to use to get new registrations automatically added to the correct K2 user group.

Thx in advance Pete.

10 years 11 months ago #228173 by celestine63
Replied by celestine63 on topic [#3622] Add to K2 user group with CBsubs
Update I think I worked it out with the Auto Actions Plugin. I used Type K2, it's working but I would like feed back if I have used the correct settings. (security wise)

Triggers = onBeforeFirstLogin
Access = Everybody

Here is image of Configuration

Attachments:

10 years 11 months ago #228189 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic [#3622] Add to K2 user group with CBsubs
Screenshot is too small, I can't read any of the text on it, but based off what inputs have content it looks like it's probably correct. You may want to use the after registration trigger though instead of on first login.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn