[#3739] images with multi checkbox

11 years 6 months ago #212759 by ciaxer
Replied by ciaxer on topic Re: images with multi checkbox
And I actually have two other more advanced questions if this gets working..

Is there a way to hide the tab on the public side if no boxes are checked?

Is there a way to add a delimiter value to show a header image in tab if any checkboxs are checked?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 6 months ago #212772 by ciaxer
OK I just tried to simplify it and still having the same issue

I limited it all down to just two entries named 1 and 2 and only 2 dlimiter lines of code, I still have the same issue, I can select one and it shows fine but if I try to show both it has errors and shows nothing.

Any ideas?

11 years 6 months ago #212773 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: images with multi checkbox
Was able to confirm your issue as a bug and have created the below bug ticket.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/3739

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ciaxer

11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #212781 by ciaxer
Thank you krileon!!

I applied the change to the PHP and it is working now!

Now that works, here are three questions maybe you can help me with

Is there a way to have a image header show up in tab if one or more of the multicheckbox's are checked without having a extra check just for a header?

Also is there a way to hide the multicheckbox selections on the tab and only have the images? If I turn it to not show on profile the delimiter doesnt show up. Or the images wont load unless the multicheckbox fields are also visable.

Also is there a way to hide the tab to the public if none of multicheck boxes are selected? Or vise versa only make it visiable when a multicheck box is checked by admin/moderator?

Thank you again so much for looking into this issue, it was racking me for days and happy to see that it was bug and not user errors.

11 years 6 months ago #212784 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: images with multi checkbox

Is there a way to have a image header show up in tab if one or more of the multicheckbox's are checked without having a extra check just for a header?

Yeah, just check that the field isn't empty (e.g. cb_field!="").

Also is there a way to hide the multicheckbox selections on the tab and only have the images? If I turn it to not show on profile the delimiter doesnt show up. Or the images wont load unless the multicheckbox fields are also visable.

Move the field to a tab that's in a not shown on profile position.

Also is there a way to hide the tab to the public if none of multicheck boxes are selected? Or vise versa only make it visiable when a multicheck box is checked by admin/moderator?

Yes, using CB Conditional you can show/hide fields/tabs based off field values. Simply check if the field is empty and if it is then hide the tab (edit the tab in Tab Management to add a tab conditional).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ciaxer

11 years 6 months ago #212787 by ciaxer
Thank you very much for all your help. It has been a major improvement in how I can do my profiles. The bug fix will hopefully help many future users and those past who have had this same issue. Its solutions and help like this that more than justifies the subscription price to your amazing services. I wish I paid for the service earlier, I have learned more and done more because of it.

If you can and have some time, may I suggest that you add this image delimiter stuff to your article, and maybe the bug fix. I have done many searches on this topic in general and more times than not through links on various other sites I found myself back at your article.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn