[#3669] Fatal error in cb.tables.php on line 791

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #208670 by billraydrums
Hi, getting this error:
Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>notsomod/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.tables.php on line 791

Don't know why but it just started throwing this.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #208671 by billraydrums
Replied by billraydrums on topic Re: Fatal error in cb.tables.php on line 791
Traced it back to CB Conditional Plugin by going into the plugin folder in com_comprofiler and adding -- to the end of each folder name until I could register.

11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #208675 by billraydrums
OK, found out why that happened. When you make fields conditional it's a good practice to use the "conditional others" selection rather than the "conditional Self".

Example: You have created a checkbox (fieldname is called cb_showaddress) "Phone" that when checked will show fields cb_userstreet, cb_usertown, cb_userpostcode, cb_userphone

THE WRONG WAY: adding self conditionals to all the fields.
THE RIGHT WAY: adding an others conditional to the checkbox cb_showaddress. You'll specify the Operator as "NOT EMPTY" and then choose the fields (listed by their titles, I wish there were a fieldname view as well....wish list?).

When you check the box, all those fields will appear.

HINT- The "Tools" pane in the cb_conditional plugin will help resolve any conflicts. But we were supposed to automatically know that. :D

I'm going to make a series of videos so that others won't have to tear out their hair for hours learning through trial & error. :D

11 years 8 months ago #208739 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Fatal error in cb.tables.php on line 791
Conditional self is fine. You shouldn't receive any errors. What fieldtype specifically causes this error to happen?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #208781 by billraydrums
Heya Kyle,

I think it was due to trial/error and no documentation.

11 years 8 months ago #208849 by matthiasbehrends
Replied by matthiasbehrends on topic Re: Fatal error in cb.tables.php on line 791
Get similar error using CB Conditional v1.8.7 and several "conditional self" rules:

On backend profile edit:
administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.tables.php on line 791

On frontend profile edit:
Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 59768832) (tried to allocate 1211 bytes) in /homepages/16/d104565146/htdocs/afmatch/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbconditional/cbconditional.class.php on line 47

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn