Skip to Content Skip to Menu

[SOLVED] Add Module to Registration Page

• hmmmm3
  • hmmmm3
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #211161 by hmmmm3
I have an existing site and I want to add an existing custom html module above the registration form.

I am trying to add a module, similar to the joomlapolis registration page, see link below:

www.joomlapolis.com/cb-registration/registers

I am assuming it is possible, but I have not been able to determine how to do it. Any help would be very useful.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by krileon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #211168 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Add Module to Registration Page
If your template has such a position just publish your module in that position and enable it for your CB registration menu item (you need to add a public one in your joomla menu).

• hmmmm3
  • hmmmm3
11 years 8 months ago #211172 by hmmmm3
Replied by hmmmm3 on topic Re: Add Module to Registration Page
Nant,

Thanks for the reply.

I must be missing something because the module won't appear. I can get a new menu to appear, but not another module. i am able to get modules to appear on my other pages, but not the registration page. Are there some specific steps to make this happen?

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #211174 by nant

hmmmm3 wrote: Nant,

Thanks for the reply.

I must be missing something because the module won't appear. I can get a new menu to appear, but not another module. i am able to get modules to appear on my other pages, but not the registration page. Are there some specific steps to make this happen?

Maybe outline the steps you did, so I can see what you did wrong...

• hmmmm3
  • hmmmm3
11 years 8 months ago #211181 by hmmmm3
Replied by hmmmm3 on topic Re: Add Module to Registration Page
Nant,

I have an existing custom HTML module. So the first approach I did was to assign this module to display on all pages in a pre-defined position. This works on all the pages, except my registration page.

The second approach was to create a new menu item. I created it as a com profiler registration type. This menu appeared on the page, bu it's not what I'm looking for.

I know I need to something with the menu registration type, but I'm not sure of the specific steps.

Thanks in advance.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 8 months ago #211182 by nant

hmmmm3 wrote: Nant,

I have an existing custom HTML module. So the first approach I did was to assign this module to display on all pages in a pre-defined position. This works on all the pages, except my registration page.

The second approach was to create a new menu item. I created it as a com profiler registration type. This menu appeared on the page, bu it's not what I'm looking for.

I know I need to something with the menu registration type, but I'm not sure of the specific steps.

Thanks in advance.

Well this is what I just tested:

- Joomla 2.5.7, CB 1.8.1 (perhaps you should share your versions too)
- Created a new main menu item to comprofile Registration type (published public ofc)
- create new custom module with a hello message in it - published module public only on Registration page menu (created in previous step)

Result - module appears just fine only when Registration menu is selected.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon