[#3783] Activity plugin PHP memory exhausted

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #214852 by Buzz50
I have read the FAQs!

I get the following message when I either enable the Activity tab or click on an activity menu item:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 81 bytes) in <span>/</span>home<span>/</span>buzz50/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.tables.php on line 7

Any ideas as to where I should start to look?

I don't think that increasing the PHP memory above the 128M that it is currently set at is a good solution.

Joomla 2.5.7
CB 1.8.1
CB Activity 1.0.6

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #214866 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Activity plugin PHP memory exhausted
Enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration then review profile and see if there are any further errors. If none look at the log information at the bottom and see how much memory is being consumed and at what point in the rendering process it's consumed in excess. You simply may have too much stuff installed. I also suggest upgrading to CB 1.9.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #215059 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Re: Activity plugin PHP memory exhausted
Thanks for the reply.

I enabled debug mode and maximum error reporting but it didn't show up anything else.

Is there a kind soul on here that could perhaps help?

I could also do with some help optimising my Heart Internet
'hybrid server'.

A cheeky request I know!

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'

11 years 5 months ago #215082 by krileon
With debug mode enable and maximum error reporting set (it's import both are configured) and viewing a profile you should see the debug information at the bottom of the page. You need to check at what point the memory is consumed and how much with and without CB Activity to see if it's causing a massive spike or not. If not you need to disable things 1 by 1 until you see a large drop in memory usage as something is eating up a lot of memory.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 5 months ago #215085 by Buzz50
Replied by Buzz50 on topic Re: Activity plugin PHP memory exhausted
Thanks again.

Unfortunately all I get when clicking on the activities list is the message below on a white page and no debug information at all.
The edebug information including memory useage does appear on other pages when it is turned on.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 268435456 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 2515324 bytes) in /home/buzz50/public_html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbactivity/cbactivity.class.php on line 70

Buzz50
Mike
Buzz50 Seniors
'Head Buzzer'
Attachments:

11 years 5 months ago #215088 by krileon
Do you have debug mode and maximum error reporting configured in Joomla global configuration? Please also ensure the debug system plugin is enabled within Extensions > Plug-in Manager. It should show more than this. Your memory limit errors aren't consistent. It seams you've something installed taking a massive amount of memory (doesn't particularly mean CB Activity, it's very minimal, but basically you've no more memory for anything else).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.449 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn