Bug browsing CB Lists

18 years 2 months ago #6502 by Viames
Replied by Viames on topic Re:Bug browsing CB Lists
Doing the same steps as described (list then go back) I got the unexpected result as you can see in the attached image on joomlapolis.
Anyone experienced the same behaviour?

Post edited by: Viames, at: 2006/02/16 23:56

CB italian translation & testing
translations on joomla.it
homesites: Viames.it , Crotone on Web
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #6507 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:Bug browsing CB Lists
As stated earlier this is not a CB issue as much as a search issue. When dynamic data is displayed such as when doing a search then hitting the back button will do this. The only 3 ways around this is:

1. To have a back button in CB but one that does not just go back but would in effect do a requery of the previous list. Would have to be a rewrite of part of the core.

2. Make all of the links in the list a popup so that you don't actually leave the list.

3. The last is what I do and that is to right click a name and select open in new window. When I am done I just close the window and I am in the same place in the list.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 2 months ago #6950 by olavski
Replied by olavski on topic Re:Bug browsing CB Lists
rick wrote:

As stated earlier this is not a CB issue as much as a search issue. When dynamic data is displayed such as when doing a search then hitting the back button will do this. The only 3 ways around this is:

1. To have a back button in CB but one that does not just go back but would in effect do a requery of the previous list. Would have to be a rewrite of part of the core.

2. Make all of the links in the list a popup so that you don't actually leave the list.

3. The last is what I do and that is to right click a name and select open in new window. When I am done I just close the window and I am in the same place in the list.

Rick (or someone else ;) , any directions how to make a popup (your option #2)

Cannot find it in the settings so i suppose it's somewhere in the source?

thanks.

Post edited by: olavski, at: 2006/02/23 16:53

18 years 2 months ago #7194 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Bug browsing CB Lists
Raj wrote:

I posted this in the new users forum, but no one replied, so I think it is a bug.

1. View a CB list.
2. CLick anyone picture and examine their profile page.
3. Click the back button...

You get an expired page message, which makes it impossible to browser CB lists.

Roger

Check the time and date of your pc....

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.230 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn