Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Some profiles not listed

18 years 4 months ago #3566 by BusinessbyDesign
Some profiles not listed was created by BusinessbyDesign
Hi,

I have a small alumni website where 51 members of my class have currently registered. I have the profiles available only when you are logged in. Up until the last few day (to the best of my knowledge), all of the profiles were listed and available for viewing. Now 14 of them are missing. I checked the database and they are still there. I can view them if I know the user id ... but you can't find them from the site naturally.

I need help ... I have hit a wall trying to figure this out.

David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
18 years 4 months ago #3569 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Some profiles not listed
I assume that when you say that the profiles were listed you mean via the CB UserLists functionality.
Is so then maybe these 17 users are in a different group (e.g. authors, editors, etc) and these groups are not included in the specific list?
If my assumption is wrong then I need more info to understand the problem.

18 years 4 months ago #3594 by madmumbler
Replied by madmumbler on topic Re:Some profiles not listed
This sounds stupid, but did you check the number of how many view on a page at a time? The default is 30. You can navigate at the bottom to different pages.

If that's not the problem, don't chew my head off. B) But it happened to me when I first started using CB, and my co-mod missed it too. It's one of those D'OH! moments. *LOL*

Post edited by: madmumbler, at: 2006/01/12 16:54

18 years 4 months ago #3617 by BusinessbyDesign
Replied by BusinessbyDesign on topic Re:Some profiles not listed
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am referring to the CB UserLists functionality. I have looked at this ... everyone belongs to the same group: registered ... except myself: Super Administrator.

What concerns me most is that the 14 members were present on the list and are now missing with no changes made by myself or the member to their profiles or any settings.

It has occurred to me that the only change that I can point to is in the calendar ... I did not notice any of these members missing in 2005 ... but admittedly, I wasn't looking for missing members then.

David

18 years 4 months ago #3618 by BusinessbyDesign
Replied by BusinessbyDesign on topic Re:Some profiles not listed
Originally, the members were listed on two pages. In my attempt to figure out what was wrong, I changed the settings to have all 51 members show on one page ... still 14 are missing.

Thanks for the idea though, all troubleshooting ideas are welcomed.

David

18 years 4 months ago #3636 by browneye253
Replied by browneye253 on topic Re:Some profiles not listed
No chance that the profiles somehow got banned? Maybe try creating a new list with all the same settings and see if they appear in the recreated list.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon