greek characters(utf-8) on the user’s profile

18 years 3 months ago #4763 by sambab
I already have installed joomla 1.0.7 with codification utf8,I also have installed the component community builder rc2 as the plugin of the greek version (utf8) when I am trying to update my profile settings in greek and for example I change my name in greek it gives me back the following characters “ £Î±Î¼Î±ÏÎ¬Ï Î§Î±ÏάλαμÏοÏ
ΣαμαÏÎ¬Ï Î§Î±ÏάλαμÏÎ¿Ï “ which never happens in version of component community builder rc1,the same thing exactly happens on the website www.joomlapolis.com when I am trying to change my name in greek.Is there solution for this problem so I can use the right greek characters on the user’s profile ?

thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #4773 by nant
Γεια σου πατριώτη!
Is your Joomla language file string set to utf8?
[code:1]DEFINE('_ISO','charset=utf-8');[/code:1]
Also does your template have something like:

[code:1]<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />[/code:1]

Finally, look at the encoding settings of your browser.
Should be set to autoselect or unicode(utf8).

I just changed my name here on this site to add Greek chars. Looks ok! (See any article I have written the name is now Nick A. - Νίκος ά

Post edited by: nant, at: 2006/01/26 09:25

18 years 3 months ago #4780 by beat
CB RC2 has also a charset bug documented here, with pointers to forum post (read also comments and threads refered in this bug-report):

forge.joomla.org/sf/tracker/do/viewArtifact/projects.cb/tracker.bugs/artf2355

1.0 stable will fix this.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 3 months ago #5502 by KobeBeef
Help!!! I inserted the line

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

suggested above and after I saved it a parse error occured. It reads :

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '<' in /home/.cammomile/prodoggy/prodoggy/language/japanese.php on line 414

and I cannot even access the backend. How do I get back in and delete that line?

Help please..site is down indefinitely:(

18 years 3 months ago #5505 by KobeBeef
Nevermind...that was a close one..went into ftp and manually edited it through notepad.

However I still would like to fix my problem when entering fields in Japanese. Does that line I attempted to insert above fix the problem of wingdings being entered in instead of the actual japanese characters?

18 years 3 months ago #5980 by feddyups
howdy there.
quick and dirty solution is available through my site, i have tried securing the db while removing HTML entities from the original code, until Beat B. get it straight and clean.
you can find the Greek-ready version of RC2 from www.feddyups.net, Side projects section.
Direct link: www.feddyups.net/Downloads/cat_view-3.html

Feel free to post if it has worked for you, and if you have any suggestions for making it even better.
Later ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn