CBLogin Module Goes Wide

18 years 5 months ago #544 by MoP
CBLogin Module Goes Wide was created by MoP
Hello,
I found the login module to expand to the whole screen on occasion (especially if I use the back button).
I am on a MAC OSX jaguar, using Firefox 1.0.6. I've also seen it very consistently on a friend's MAC OSX using netscape.
I have the Avatar position as 'default' which appears to be centered.
Any suggestions?

Here is a link to a screenshot:
www.liftdeals.com/images/cblogin_wide2.jpg

Post edited by: MoP, at: 2005/11/25 18:58

Post edited by: MoP, at: 2005/11/25 19:00

Post edited by: MoP, at: 2005/11/25 19:05
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 months ago #552 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:CBLogin Module Goes Wide
MoP wrote:

Hello,
I found the login module to expand to the whole screen on occasion (especially if I use the back button).
I am on a MAC OSX jaguar, using Firefox 1.0.6. I've also seen it very consistently on a friend's MAC OSX using netscape.
Any suggestions?

This is a bug of your template & firefox (mac&PC), which can't handle the complex styles inside that module if the template is non-conformant.

Validate your site (and its template) for W3C compliance, and make the necessary corrections, and the bug will go away.

validator.w3.org/

in the mean time, disable all extra-feature of the login module and it should become enough simple for firefox...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 5 months ago #820 by joomlales
Replied by joomlales on topic Re:CBLogin Module Goes Wide
beat wrote:

MoP wrote:

Hello,
Any suggestions?

This is a bug of your template & firefox (mac&PC), which can't handle the complex styles inside that module if the template is non-conformant.

Validate your site (and its template) for W3C compliance, and make the necessary corrections, and the bug will go away.

validator.w3.org/

in the mean time, disable all extra-feature of the login module and it should become enough simple for firefox...

I am having the same issue with Firefox Version 1.07 on a PC. My friend has FF V 1.06 on his PC and no problems. And of course that "other browser" works fine! :silly:

18 years 5 months ago #847 by PeterMixt
Replied by PeterMixt on topic Re:CBLogin Module Goes Wide
I also had this happening on one of my sites. Seems i should have known the answer, but I followed Beat's recomendation and found <body topmargin="3">. When I removed it - all was good.

Now I don't know if this will work for all, but the validator showed me several things to "fix".

PeterMixt

PeterMixt

18 years 5 months ago #860 by joomlales
Replied by joomlales on topic Re:CBLogin Module Goes Wide
PeterMixt wrote:

I also had this happening on one of my sites. Seems i should have known the answer, but I followed Beat's recomendation and found <body topmargin="3">. When I removed it - all was good.

Now I don't know if this will work for all, but the validator showed me several things to "fix".

PeterMixt

Hmmmm - i got lots to fix - what bothers me is that the template is from jamboworks.com. And their stuff is supposed to be bulletproof!

:S

18 years 5 months ago #1027 by FerretLife
Replied by FerretLife on topic Re:CBLogin Module Goes Wide
I have been "cleaning" my site using the validator, and none of the changes made any difference with this issue. I finally opened mod_cbloginrc2.php and changed line 147

echo '<div style="width:100%; overflow: hidden; padding:0px; border-width:0px; margin:0px;">'."\n";

to

echo '<div style="width:150px; overflow: hidden; padding:0px; border-width:0px; margin:0px;">'."\n";

No more attack of the login module. I don't know if this is right, but it worked!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn