Nest tabs

18 years 5 months ago #567 by Steve
Nest tabs was created by Steve
First of all let me say you guys have done a great job this is by far the best component around. I have set it up locally for testing and there seems to be a problem with nesting the profile tabs.

The profile tab is there as it should be but the nested tabs are not instead the page stretches of to the right as if the TD is missing this is in IE.

I've tried all the templates and also the W3C XHTML 1.0 Trans. compliance setting none of which makes any difference. The site template I'm using has <?php mosShowHead();?> in it.

Also tested in firefox and everthing works properly so it may just be yet another IE bug.

Enviroment: Apache/Joomla 1.0.3

Turns out it was the site template after I changed the head to this and now everything works as it should.
[code:1]
<?php defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Direct Access to this location is not allowed.' ); ?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<?php $iso = split( '=', _ISO );
echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="'. $iso[1] .'"?' .'>';
?>
<html xmlns="www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>[/code:1]

Post edited by: Steve, at: 2005/11/26 04:54

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 5 months ago #631 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Nest tabs
Steve wrote:

First of all let me say you guys have done a great job this is by far the best component around. I have set it up locally for testing and there seems to be a problem with nesting the profile tabs.

The profile tab is there as it should be but the nested tabs are not instead the page stretches of to the right as if the TD is missing this is in IE.

I've tried all the templates and also the W3C XHTML 1.0 Trans. compliance setting none of which makes any difference. The site template I'm using has <?php mosShowHead();?> in it.

Also tested in firefox and everthing works properly so it may just be yet another IE bug.

Enviroment: Apache/Joomla 1.0.3

Turns out it was the site template after I changed the head to this and now everything works as it should.
[code:1]
<?php defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Direct Access to this location is not allowed.' ); ?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<?php $iso = split( '=', _ISO );
?>
<html xmlns="www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>[/code:1]

Post edited by: Steve, at: 2005/11/26 04:54

This:

is really not needed. It puts IE in old quirks mode and lots of headache for you and components developers.

See www.quirksmode.org/css/quirksmode.html

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 5 months ago #660 by Steve
Replied by Steve on topic Re:Nest tabs
Thanks Beat that would explain a few :silly:IE bugs I've been having.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.215 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn