give an automatic username

14 years 11 months ago #100080 by nico65
give an automatic username was created by nico65
Hi,

is it somehow possible to put an referenz-number like 1234-$userid automatically in the username field during the registration prozess? So that the user has to login with this ref.no and his password?

nico

Joomla 1.5.10
CB 1.2.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #100124 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:give an automatic username
Possible with a custom plugin to alter the fields value at registration and making the field read only (not from field management, but done through the plugin). I believe this would require JS to do such a thing.

However, it can be done using a trigger.

Triggers List:
onBeforeEmailUserForm
onAfterEmailUserForm
onBeforeUserProfileEditDisplay
onAfterUserProfileEditDisplay
onBeforeUserProfileRequest
onBeforeUserProfileDisplay
onAfterUserProfileDisplay
onBeforeDisplayUsersList
onLostPassForm
onBeforeLoginFormDisplay
onBeforeRegisterFormDisplay
onBeforeEmailUser
onBeforeUserAvatarUpdate
onAfterUserAvatarUpdate
onStartUsersList
onAfterUsersListFieldsSql
onBeforeUsersListBuildQuery
onBeforeUsersListQuery
onStartNewPassword
onBeforeUsernameReminder
onAfterUsernameReminder
onBeforeNewPassword
onNewPassword
onBeforeRegisterForm
onStartSaveUserRegistration
onAfterUserRegistrationMailsSent
onBeforeLogin
onLoginAuthentication
onDuringLogin
onBeforeFirstLogin
onDoLoginNow
onAfterLogin
onBeforeLogout
onDoLogoutNow
onAfterLogout
onBeforeUserConfirm
onAfterUserConfirm
onBeforeUserApproval
onAfterUserApproval
onBeforeUserApproval
onGetCaptchaHtmlElements
onBeforeBackendUsersListBuildQuery
onAfterBackendUsersList
onBeforeUserBlocking
onBeforeSyncUser
onAfterSyncUser
onAfterCheckCbDb
onAfterCheckCbFieldsDb
onBeforeFixDb
onAfterFixDb
onBeforeFixFieldsDb
onBeforeUserActive
onUserActive
onBeforeDeleteUser
onAfterDeleteUser
onAfterTabsFetch
onPrepareMenus
onAfterEditATab
onAfterFieldsFetch
onBeforeAddConnection
onAfterAddConnection
onBeforeRemoveConnection
onAfterRemoveConnection
onBeforeDenyConnection
onAfterDenyConnection
onBeforeAcceptConnection
onAfterAcceptConnection
onFieldIcons
onLogChange
onBeforeUserUpdate
onBeforeNewUser
onBeforeUpdateUser
onBeforeUserRegistration
onSaveUserError
onAfterUserUpdate
onAfterNewUser
onAfterUpdateUser
onAfterUserRegistration
onBeforegetFieldRow

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #100217 by nico65
Replied by nico65 on topic Re:give an automatic username
Hi, thanks a lot.

Do you maybe know a simmilar plugin, because I guess I´m not able to write such a Plugin from scratch.

nico

14 years 11 months ago #100219 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:give an automatic username
nico65 wrote:

Hi, thanks a lot.

Do you maybe know a simmilar plugin, because I guess I´m not able to write such a Plugin from scratch.

nico

No, I'm not aware of anything similar to this. I'd suggest looking at other plugins to get an idea as to where to start from.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn