How do I create second registration page?

14 years 11 months ago #100285 by tallship
I need to create a second part (page) of the new user registration process, in order to keep the length of the form shorter.

How do I do this?

Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer
www.NorthTech.US
TEL: +1.760.666.2703

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #100292 by ckayfish

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

14 years 11 months ago #100459 by tallship
Replied by tallship on topic Re:How do I create second registration page?
Yeah I saw that one.

Beat says you have to code. Maybe someone will introduce a plug-in LOL!

In the meantime I'm going to have a long registration page I guess ;)

I did see a plugin that can create multiple dups of the same type of profile data, which is something I'll need to install, but that's after somoeone is accepted an comes back to enter the other object details.

They only need to enter the details for one of their product objects to be eligilble for membership on the particular site I'm working on.

Still, splitting the registration process into at least two pages would be most ideal for me, if anyone actually has a hack for it....

8:)

Thanks,

Bradley.

Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer
www.NorthTech.US

14 years 11 months ago #100469 by Cometcom1
Replied by Cometcom1 on topic Re:How do I create second registration page?
Actually this might be possible in a neat and effective way which might not break existing code.

The fields are all in the database and the registration dbfield identifies if the field is displayed on the registration page or not. This dbfield is smallint(1) and it looks as if it could be used to designate each field on up to 9 different "registration pages".

Currently the registration dbfield can have a value of "0" which means the field is not on the registration page, and "1" which indicates the field is present on the registration page. - If the dbfield is anything else, "2" .. "9" the field is still displayed and handled as if it was just a normal field required at registration.

Now the "only", change would be the rendering and perhaps multiple input forms/pages that needed to be parsed in the right order for this to work.

And yes, the administrator panel for field definition would have to change to allow multiple values in the registration dbfield parameter.

Of course this is a "hack", but if it's done right, maybe it could become part of CB in the future, and it would NOT need special handling in other parts of the code than the actual registration page.

I need that feature myself, but I do agree with the core team, that the registration page has to be as short and simple as possible.

Guess I'l get cracking on this one and see if it can be done.

If any of the core team has comments - I'd appreciate to hear them. - Even the "you're a lunatic". ;)

Beware when you see the light at the end of the tunnel, There might be a train attached.

14 years 11 months ago #100485 by tallship
Replied by tallship on topic Re:How do I create second registration page?
Hi Cometcom1 :)

I'll follow closely on this one too. I don't have the prowess to do this myself, but I'm following what you're saying and can look at the database.

Right now though, I'm having a crisis with things going dark and one of those "no direct access to this area" messages has turned from one page when I try to add a new field in CB field manager to half the site.

I've got another post in on this, which is scary, because I've been doing backups relgiously, but wonder if I can even attempt a restore without using the kickstart app in joomlapack.

Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer
www.NorthTech.US

14 years 11 months ago #100497 by Cometcom1
Replied by Cometcom1 on topic Re:How do I create second registration page?
The admin panel for the fields was fairly simple to modify, and yes I also did the "new field" modifications.

admin.comprofiler.html.php ( 2 locations)
admin.comprofiler.controller.php (3 locations)

These modification should not break any existing functions as the field is only related to registration, and registration currently only works on a yes/no basis.

I'll continue with the actual registration process which will likely be a little trickier to code without affecting existing functions.

Beware when you see the light at the end of the tunnel, There might be a train attached.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn