Forum Integration Plugin breaks Kunena Quick Reply

14 years 10 months ago #100428 by ubarose
I'm using Joomla 1.0.15, CB 1.2.1, Kunena 1.0.10.

When I publish the Forum Integration Plugin, the Quick Reply and the Auto-Return in Kunena stop working.

If I un-publish it, the Quick Reply and Auto-Return start working again.

I've gone through unpublishing and uninstalling other things to see if there was a third element involved that was messing with these two things in Kuena, but I haven't found anything other than the Forum Integration Plugin.

It seems several people both here and in the Kuena forums, who are in Joomla 1.0.x, are having problems with the Quick Reply and Auto-Return after upgrading. This could maybe be it? Maybe someone smarter and more skilled than I can confirm or disproved that there is a direct relationship between the plug in and the quick reply breaking?

ETA: I do think there is a third element involved. This sounded like I didn't. I just can't find it.

Post edited by: ubarose, at: 2009/05/30 05:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #100510 by ubarose
Just wanted to update this with some more information.

On a dev copy of my site, I uninstalled every third party component, mambot, module and CB plug in and set the template to the default solar flare. So the site is running nothing but Kunena and CB, and the Quick Reply and Auto-Return still do not work.

However, on a new install of Joomla 1.0.15 with nothing added except Kunena and CB, everything works fine.

It's very curious.

14 years 10 months ago #100546 by beat
Check that:

1) you use CB 1.2.1
2) in CB configuration -> profile -> XHTML compliant is turned ON
3) Kunena integration is selected in CB Forum Integration plugin
4) CB Forum Integration plugin and tab are published

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #100560 by ubarose
I could kiss you. :kiss: It was just that the XHTML was off. Doh! I've been tinkering with this for a week and couldn't figure it out. Thank you so much

14 years 10 months ago #100639 by beat
You are welcome, just make sure to update Kunena.com post too if you posted there too.

Kunena team plans to add a warning in Kunena backend for that setting in next release.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 10 months ago #100646 by ubarose
I posted this information on Kuenea.com in a thread on the subject, so that the original poster and anyone with the same problem can find it.

Adding this information to the Kuenea backend is an excellent idea.

Thank you all for doing such great work on this CB/Kuenea integration. It's so nice to have all the extensions on our site playing nicely with one another.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.594 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn