Captcha error then blank screen

14 years 11 months ago #100636 by Reventon
Captcha error then blank screen was created by Reventon
Hi,

On the registration page if the Captcha code is wrong you get a popup box saying 'Invalid security code' and when you ok it you get a black screen and you have to hit BACK twice and start again.
is their not a better way of handling this ??

done a search and can't find anything, was told it might be something to do with 'Spoof check'

Joomla 1.5.10
CB 1.2.1
AEC 0.12.6 RC2p

thanks
The topic has been locked.
14 years 11 months ago #100666 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re:Captcha error then blank screen
Reventon wrote:

Hi,

On the registration page if the Captcha code is wrong you get a popup box saying 'Invalid security code' and when you ok it you get a black screen and you have to hit BACK twice and start again.
is their not a better way of handling this ??

done a search and can't find anything, was told it might be something to do with 'Spoof check'

Joomla 1.5.10
CB 1.2.1
AEC 0.12.6 RC2p

thanks

Blank screen means hidden error. Check FAQ (top menu).

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
14 years 11 months ago #100686 by mcoutos
Replied by mcoutos on topic Re:Captcha error then blank screen
I'm having the same problem.

Went to the FAQ menu and found nothing related to spoof check.

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Mcoutos
14 years 11 months ago #100687 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Captcha error then blank screen
You're looking for what you think is the solution instead of looking at the problem: "blank screen".

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction
14 years 11 months ago #100804 by Reventon
Replied by Reventon on topic Re:Captcha error then blank screen
I checked the CB faq and it said the stuff below. So I screen printed it, as you can see it is a AEC module, if you look at the source (bottom of this post) and theirs just the one line of javascript :?
is it a CB problem or an AEC problem ?
thanks

1.Check server error logs (not access logs) if you have access to them.
2.Go to backend, Site, Site Global Configuration, Site Debugging, and turn it on temporarly, then try reloading page, and check page source (HTML source). Don't forget to turn site debug off again.
3.if it the blank page is outside CB (no "option=com_comprofiler" in URL), e.g. in joomla during installation, add following to the index.php (or index2.php, whichever is in the URL) in frontend or backend where it gives you a blank page, just after the first "<?php" in that file: ini_set( 'display_errors', true ); error_reporting( E_ALL );
4.Often, it's due to lack of memory, see other FAQ.

the source is :
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Trying to get property of non-object in <b>C:\wamp\www\aectest\components\com_acctexp\acctexp.class.php</b> on line <b>5442</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined offset: 1 in <b>C:\wamp\www\aectest\components\com_acctexp\acctexp.class.php</b> on line <b>6347</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$name in <b>C:\wamp\www\aectest\components\com_acctexp\acctexp.class.php</b> on line <b>10755</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$name in <b>C:\wamp\www\aectest\components\com_acctexp\acctexp.class.php</b> on line <b>10758</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in <b>C:\wamp\www\aectest\components\com_acctexp\acctexp.class.php</b> on line <b>10767</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$username in <b>C:\wamp\www\aectest\components\com_acctexp\acctexp.class.php</b> on line <b>10768</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$name in <b>C:\wamp\www\aectest\components\com_acctexp\acctexp.class.php</b> on line <b>10769</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$email in <b>C:\wamp\www\aectest\components\com_acctexp\acctexp.class.php</b> on line <b>10773</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$activation in <b>C:\wamp\www\aectest\components\com_acctexp\acctexp.class.php</b> on line <b>10792</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$activation in <b>C:\wamp\www\aectest\components\com_acctexp\acctexp.class.php</b> on line <b>10793</b><br />
<br />
<b>Notice</b>: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in <b>C:\wamp\www\aectest\components\com_acctexp\acctexp.class.php</b> on line <b>10814</b><br />
<script type="text/javascript">alert('Invalid Security Code'); </script>
14 years 11 months ago #100813 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Captcha error then blank screen
com_acctexp is the problem child. I'm not sure what component that is, but I'd guess you can figure that out.
;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction
Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.267 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn