Problem resizing editor text area

14 years 10 months ago #100816 by tallship
Problem resizing editor text area was created by tallship
According to page #110 of the latest CB Manual, the following are the parameters controlling the size and shape of the editor text area:

Editor Text Area These fields accept formatted text that can be edited via the embedded editor (set in the Joomla/Mambo Admin panel Global Configuration). Additionally, when a field of this type is defined the following parameters are also allowed and further characterize the field (please note that not all editors correspond to these settings):

Size: This is the size of the editor text area in number of characters.

Max Length: This is the maximum number of characters allowed in the field.

Cols: The number of character columns of the editor text area.

Rows: The number of character rows of the editor text area.

I'm having problems configuring the size of the Editor Text Area type field. I've entered different values under "size", "cols", etc., and it is still the same size on the registration page I'm building for my community.

The problem isn't that I'm so concerned with the size of the text editor (I'm using the latest JCE which is Joomla 1.5 native), but rather, that I can't see the blue "i" information bullet to the right of the other fields where the "Description" text should pop up when one hovers over it.

I either need to make the size of the text editor field smaller in order to have the blue "i" information bullet appear (I'm assuming it is covered up by the text editor itself), or, alternatively, find a way to resize the text editor.

I've included a link to an snapshot of the actual registration here:

northtech.us/stuff/reg_page_text_editor.png

I haven't tried setting the default editor to anything else, like the default TinyMCE editor, but I wouldn't think that this would have anything to do with it since the JCE WYSIWYG editor is merely an extension of TinyMCE.

Thanks,

Bradley.

Post edited by: tallship, at: 2009/06/03 02:48

Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer
www.NorthTech.US
TEL: +1.760.666.2703

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #100817 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Problem resizing editor text area
Just for giggles, can you try with Tiny MCE? Even though JCE is an extension of Tiny MCE, it is a separate extension. Not to say there should be a difference, but it would help in debugging.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 10 months ago #100823 by tallship
Replied by tallship on topic Re:Problem resizing editor text area
Yes I sure will :)

I'm getting ready to put the system into production in the next day or so, but that seems to be a prudent check :)

I'll let you know.

On another note - there was a non 1.5 cb plugin that I got from this site that messed everything up and I fixed it w/a complete restore, if you remember my earlier problem, which I should prolly marked SOLVED eh?

Anyway, two things:

1.) like over at extensions.joomla.com, they mark all of the components, modules, and plugins as native, legacy, etc. - but you still must beware as I found out this isn't always the case.

As a suggestion, I'd like to see that same tag placed here at the polis for extensioons, understanding that you still have to caveat emptor ;)

2.) Thank God for early and often backups! Yeah!

Kindest regards,

Bradley

Bradley D. Thornton
Manager Network Services
NorthTech Computer
www.NorthTech.US
TEL: +1.760.666.2703

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn