Solved: blank page after upgrade to 1.2.1

14 years 10 months ago #101087 by Lubos
Update: The problem was with Karma CB plugin. When it was enabled, I hit blank page! Unpublishing Karma CB plugin restored all.

I will try to find a reason for this behaviour and I'll contact Karma vendors with it.

Hi people,

I use CB for some time now and I learnt a lot from documentation and therefore am fairly familiar with it. I never needed any help as I was able to find solution for all questions, but today I upgraded to CB 1.2.1 and after upgrade CB is not working from front end.

Back end is working fine (I can configure all etc.) but when I try to go to members list or to the profile in the front end, I have a blank page with no output at all.

I tried to find any errors in server's logs - no joy.

Therefore I uninstalled CB and all plugins. Deleted menu items. Cleaned cache and installed again. Created new menu items and ... exactly the same happened! Blank page on all front end places.

I wanted to uninstall again, and this time clean database as well but before I did that I checked permissions on the folders and files.

I have the right setting for the user and the group on files and folders, however I noticed that the permissions are only [code:1]-rw-r--r--[/code:1] on files. Is that all right? Shouldn't there be at least one [code:1]x[/code:1] allowing to execute?

Or is there anything else what can cause this problem?

Thanks upfront for any help.

PS: I use Joomla 1.5.11 (latest)

PPS: I saw in another post by Jamie in her signature what info do you want here so:

I searched posts,nothing related to me. I went trough documentation - the same result (only part about blank page does not apply as installation went trough and both steps were executed, database was successfully updated).

My settings: Joomla 1.5.11, CB 1.2.1, PHP 5.2.0-8+etch15 (latest version, checked by apt-get update/upgrade), database 5.0.32-Debian_7etch10-log;

I use SEF from core but I deleted menu items and cleaned cache and tried to access trough directlink - still blank page.

Blank page is displayed on both, Transparent_Bliss_1.5 template and JA_Purity template as well.

I tried following browsers: Firefox, Safari, Opera, Flock, Chrome (all latest versions), IE6 and IE7. Blank page everywhere.

If you need any more info, just let me know.

PPPS: I checked admin files and there are the same permissions "-rw-r--r--" therefore this is not problem because back end is working.

I run out of ideas. Anyone better than me?

Post edited by: Lubos, at: 2009/06/05 00:54

Post edited by: Lubos, at: 2009/06/05 17:04

Safe computer ;) Only if unplugged :ohmy:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.157 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn