problems logging in after upgrade

14 years 10 months ago #101112 by MikeeCO
problems logging in after upgrade was created by MikeeCO
I just upgraded from CB 1.1 to CB 1.2.1.

I followed the directions in the README-UPGRADE.txt file.

The problem is I can not login on the front end.

I created a profile link in the User Menu and it is public. If I click on the profile link it tells me I need to log in. I can login here. It then shows me logged-in in the login module, but I cannot logout. The only place I can logout is back at the profile page.

Where I can't login is in the login module, mod_cblogin. If I put in my username and password and click login it just returns me to the same page, not logged in.

I activated the Joomla Login and if I login there it works and shows me logged in with in both the CB login module and Joomla's. Once again, I can't logout with the CB login module but can with Joomla's.

I was using Joomla 1.5.8 when I upgraded. Since I was having these login issues I went ahead an upgraded to J 1.5.11, but this did not change anything.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Post edited by: MikeeCO, at: 2009/06/05 06:38

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #101113 by MikeeCO
Replied by MikeeCO on topic Re:problems logging in after upgrade
More Info:

It seems to be a problem if I use Joomla's "Search Engine Friendly URLs" set to Yes in the SEO Settings under Global Configuration - Site.

If it is yes the login doesn't work. The form action for the login button is "/component/comprofiler/login".

If I turn the SEF URLS to off I can login/logout using CBs login module. The form action for the login button is "/index.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=login".

Any ideas? I did not have this problem with CB 1.1.

Thanks,
Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn