Country flags ?

14 years 10 months ago #101155 by spaecman
Country flags ? was created by spaecman
Hello,

I was trying the old country flag plugin from 3rd party, but it really doesn't work (i tried all day, many things, and ended with unaccessible site, i think because of hitting the database too much...)

Anyway that's not the problem.

It would be great to have flags for country (select country then it displays a small flag in profile, like a tiny one that can be reused in forums/groups/whetever).
It is a fantastic feature for international communities (+ user can probably uncheck if they don't want to display the country, or the flag or both...).

Also, is nothing planned in the PHP BB3 area by the core team ? (phpBB3 is really the best forum in my opinion, one that has been maintained for years and years - + it's not bad if it runs on a different database than joomla, as it frees ressources on joomla database - of course i don't know if it is possible to integrate in CB, but CB is so much better than JomSocial in many respects that it deserve to stay on its pole position and put the money manger out of business :lol: :evil:). (just kidding... but everything is expensive (and apparently far from perfect) on JomSocial, notwistanding the fact that nobody knows how long it will last).

I've been using PhpBB3 (has flags) and Fireboard for years now... and fireboard/kunena really look prehistoric compared top phpBB3 (even though they are nice, but they have many bugs that are not corrected since a couple of years, or more)

Many thanks to considere all this.
A "View my posts" on phpBB3 for CB-profile tabs would be also fantastic.

And if someone has a trick for country flags in profile using updated plugins... you are very welcome.

Post edited by: spaecman, at: 2009/06/05 18:06

Post edited by: spaecman, at: 2009/06/05 18:06

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds