[Resolved] CB Menu Bar - What styling is used?

14 years 11 months ago #101312 by danielc
OK, so I bought a new template and I really like it, customized it quite bit though. For some reason though, the Menu Bar on the Profile is aligned wrong - the text goes off to the side, it's not centered, etc. Take a look at this screenshot snippet -

Please note that this is NOT a bug in CB 1.2.1, it's only with my template [Joomla template - not CB template]. What I'm asking though is if anyone knows what styling is applied to the Menu Bar so that I can modify my template thusly. I assume it's some kind of padding parameter... is it even CSS styled though? Couldn't find anything :blink:

The manual has nothing there (FYI I am a happy subscriber), I tried looking in the View > Source and also the 65KB cb.menu.php file but couldn't find any leads...

...looking forward / thanks a lot in advance to any and all replies :)

P.S. Off-topic but incase anyone knows, say I wanted to my own little icon to the Menu items (not the already existing ones, I mean the parent ones like Edit and Connections), which PHP file would I have to edit? Or can it be done via CB Backend?

Post edited by: danielc, at: 2009/06/07 14:13

Post edited by: danielc, at: 2009/06/07 19:23

Regards,
DanielC

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #101339 by RyanBriscall
Replied by RyanBriscall on topic Re:CB Menu Bar - What styling is used?
What you want to do is:
1. Install Firefox
2. Install the Web Developer Toolbar extension for Firefox.
3. Load up your website in Firefox, and use the Web Developer Tool Bar > CSS > View CSS

You will now see all CSS associated with that page and where the CSS is coming from.

14 years 11 months ago #101342 by danielc
Replied by danielc on topic Re:CB Menu Bar - What styling is used?
Ryan,

Thanks a lot for the help, i'll surely get this fixed now :) I found out in another thread about an extension called Firebug, but this one looks a little more straight forward - i'll probably keep it installed from now on. Thanks again!

EDIT: Prepended 'Resolved' to thread title, admins can lock if they desire [if you guys even do that]. Cheers!

Post edited by: danielc, at: 2009/06/07 19:25

Regards,
DanielC

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn