Help for new user

14 years 10 months ago #101886 by marcolav
Help for new user was created by marcolav
Hello

I have just installed CB and GJ , teh thing that I cannot figure is how to add items to the CB user menu, for example the Blog or other items that appear in the plugin list. Also I don't understand howo to make connections, actually not even here on joomlapolis, it seems it is a loop? 2 tabs one to view your connections the other to 'manage' them but how do you 'connect' really to somebody?

thank you!

marco

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 10 months ago #101926 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:Help for new user
You connect through the menu in anyone else's profile... as long as you've enabled connections in your CB Settings.

I recommend the documentation subscription to fully realize the capabilities of CB 1.2.

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 10 months ago #101929 by marcolav
Replied by marcolav on topic Re:Help for new user
Thank you

I have now figured that part, now I have another issue which I have seen asked many times on the forums already but apparently unresolved (at least the users can't find a way to solve while 'nick' thinks it is resolved and keeps pointing them to a page which obviously it does not help us..)

I get the following
Mamblog blogger component is not installed. Please contact your site administrator.

The Nick says (www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/4919/37/)to create a menu item pointing to that component , but what does he exactly mean? If I go to Joomla Admin->Menus->Main Menu-> add , there is no mamblog, so can you please please just explain how to do this rather than point me to a page that I cannot use to resolve this specific issue?
Thsi seems to be an issue for many of us (the forum plugin mentioned in the same post, shows and works fine, for example..)

thanks in advance

Marco

14 years 10 months ago #101931 by marcolav
Ok, I think I am making some progress here..
I published the mamblog, linked fom the user menu. Howeer when I go to the components tab, under mamblog->configuration, I get the following
Warning...

Your config file is
You need to chmod this to 766 in order for the config to be updated.

Which config file is it referring to?

Thx

marco

14 years 10 months ago #101932 by marcolav
Well ok, forget it...
mamblog is NOT compatible with joomla1.5 not even in legacy mode..

so much for giving info to users!

Marco

14 years 10 months ago #101976 by Camee
Replied by Camee on topic Re:Help for new user
marcolav wrote:

Well ok, forget it...
mamblog is NOT compatible with joomla1.5 not even in legacy mode..

so much for giving info to users!

Marco

Hm, in my documentation I have over 180 sites full of info to users. By the way, I see I have to renew my subscription. It pays ;)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds