[SOLVED] "Forgot Login" Email Not Working

14 years 2 months ago #125024 by capress
I have tried everything I can think of a searched the forum as much as I could, but am getting no where with this issue.

Basically, I am having trouble with e-mails like "forgot my password" going out, while others, such as registration notices seem to work fine. Here's what I've tried:
1. Every configuration of Mail Settings, including PHP, Sendmail, SMTP and secure SMTP. In all cases I was able to receive registration notices and send mass mails, but the forgot password e-mails never arrive.
2. I have ensured that the "mail from" is the same between the Joomla and CB settings.
3. I have tried 2 of the default Joomla templates with most of the different Mail Settings.

I'm running out of ideas, so if anyone could suggest something to check or try please let me know. I'm not even convinced that I haven't overlooked something obvious, but I don't know what it could be.

Here are my specs: Joomla 1.5.14; CB 1.2.1; PHP 5.2.6

Thanks.

SOLVED: Long story short, the default homepage was not set to index.php, so the submission form would not work because it was sent to the wrong page. :dry: Right now I'm just happy it's working and am trying not to think about all the hours I lost trying to fix this.

Post edited by: capress, at: 2010/02/23 22:15

Post edited by: capress, at: 2010/03/01 20:37

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/05/29 17:43

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 months ago #125280 by capress
Replied by capress on topic Re:"Forgot Login" Email Not Working
SOLVED

Post edited by: capress, at: 2010/03/01 20:38

13 years 11 months ago #132877 by vijikey
Replied by vijikey on topic Re:SOLVED: "Forgot Login" Email Not Working
Hi buddy, can I ask you what did you actually do? What means that the default page was not index.php and how did you fixed it ?

Cheers!

13 years 11 months ago #132888 by capress
Replied by capress on topic Re:SOLVED: "Forgot Login" Email Not Working
Well, since I didn't want the site live while I was working on it, I had removed the index.php file altogether and had a basic index.htm page with a "coming soon" message. The "Forgot Login" page submitted to the index.php page, so without it the form never worked. Once I put that page back up it worked fine. Hope that helps.

13 years 11 months ago #133992 by Danemcg
Replied by Danemcg on topic Re:SOLVED: "Forgot Login" Email Not Working
Thanks, mate! You just saved me from an ulcer. I just spent 4 hours trying to figure this one out, same situation: server set to default to index.html instead of index.php while I'm in development, and that munged up the CB forgot password function.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn