CAS Server Integration

13 years 11 months ago #133239 by ghackenberg
CAS Server Integration was created by ghackenberg
Hello,

I am trying to find out, if it is possible to integrate the Joomla Community Builder plugin v1.2.1 with a CAS Authentication Server backend. A quick search on your forum only resulted in one post that did not help very much:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,100/id,104299/#104299

For explanation: I am using the Ruby web application Redmine for internal issue tracking and project management. Further, I have a public CB-enabled Joomla site with a secure section for members only. The Redmine and the Joomla users are basically the same.

To avoid independent logins for each service (Joomla and Redmine) I would like to set up a single-sign-on infrastructure. As it turns out, Redmine provides a plugin for CAS Authentication Server integration. Joomla seems to provide similar extensions with the Authentication Manager framework.

Now, the question is whether Community Builder will cause problems with this setting. It would be great if you had some hints on this issue.

Best,

Georg Hackenberg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.282 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn