Easy login

13 years 10 months ago #134351 by emble22
Easy login was created by emble22
Hi all! Help me please to realize one thing. I want to do login/registration in one line. Like: "Login or Sign Up", when user logged will next: "Hi, user! | Logout" and link to the user's profile. I know it is no hard to do (few code rows), but I cannot realize it myself. Thank you !! :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #134467 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Easy login
This is very doable. Please see CB Configuration followed by Registration tab and set Show login on registration page parameter to Yes. Now create a Joomla menu link to CB Registration saying "Login or Sign Up". This will then display the login form AND registration form on the same page. Offering easy "either/or" situation.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #134492 by emble22
Replied by emble22 on topic Re:Easy login
This is not exactly what I mean. For example (www.cosmopolitan.com/). There on top 2 links: join & sign in. It's seems very easy - only text 2 links. And 1 link when user signed in - 'Hello, user! Logout'

13 years 10 months ago #134518 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Easy login
emble22 wrote:

This is not exactly what I mean. For example (www.cosmopolitan.com/). There on top 2 links: join & sign in. It's seems very easy - only text 2 links. And 1 link when user signed in - 'Hello, user! Logout'

To do what the site you linked to does create a menu with 2 items. One links to the login page and one links to the registration page. Publish this menu module to the location/pages you want and modify you template to only only show this module position to visitors that are not logged in. If users are logged in it creates a "Hello <username>", I have done this for people before.

Personally I prefer the module where you can log in right there (without having to go to a login page) or a link to register if required. If you are logged in you get a welcome message. But hey, it's your site.

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here

13 years 10 months ago #134591 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Easy login
Joomla and CB don't have dynamic links. You'd need to use CB Content module in order to add such dynamic links using complex substitutions (see tutorials in signature for substitution usage information).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds