Bugs, Suggestions and Feature Requests

14 years 11 months ago #99613 by whph
Dear Developers @ Joomlapolis

I am very happy with your free community builder and the integration with Kunea on a new level! A huge thank you!

Bugs
I found some minor bugs in the 1.2.1:
- if I cancel editing my profile I do not get back to CB. I saw that the problem is the following string "& amp;" instead of just "&" in the url. If I update the profile this does not happen.
- in the CB Tab Manager the position "left" does not work for the "Portrait"

Suggestions
Please consider the following improvements:
- create two new display types for tabs --> see attached file for explanations

Attachment Suggestion_CB_2-52fce3801abbb0c6e10bab9062afc94d.doc not found

- the "email" field appearance can be changed. However, there is no option "Display Email w/ Link to Email Form". Exactly this option would be most useful in my view (the option "Display Email w/ MailTo link" circumvents the captcha functionality...) - please consider adding it.
- As I use a vertical navigation, the CB menu does not integrate well into my site. My suggestion: make available the CB menu items "Send Email", "Send Private Message" (although same functionality through uddeIM ProfileLink already available) and "Request/Revoke/Remove Connection" in a tab each for the users to put these anywhere on the profile pages.
- For greater logic put the "Manage connections" and the "Manage Actions" as tabs into the existing tab "Connections". So they would appear next to "Your connections" on my own profile (but not on other users profile).
- username search: allow to search for a partial username
- login window: put the focus on the username field (I know in the Joomla Login module this also is not the case)

Feature requests
- Could you provide some sort of user grouping feature (that would also be available in the PMS)?
- With the privacy plugin, the permissions can be set per field (as a general rule so to say). Could the permissions also be set individually for each connection?

I know that is a lot of text. But you might see, that I am very much interested in your extension and would like to contribute as much as I can.

Best regards, Raphael
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #99646 by beat
Thank you for feedbacks, always highly appreciated.

- First bug is confirmed
- Second bug: could you maybe tell me more what doesn't work ?

- Regarding vertical menus you could take a look at the MyCommunity template demo site (login as demo) to see the vertical menu layout working with CB 1.2 inside the CB Content module (comes with MyCommunity template or with Doc subscription as thank you).

- partial username search: can be done in 1.2: check params at bottom of your users-list: it's not partial by default, but can be made so.

- groups: check GroupJive please.

- "the permissions also be set individually for each connection?" : didn't understand... can you please explain ?

- regarding the display suggestions in the docs, this can be implemented in your site CSS with CB 1.2 right now, not really an HTML code generation issue, as the HTML generator adds all classes and ids needed to do this...

All items are good suggestions and feedbacks B) , thanks. :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

14 years 11 months ago #99692 by whph
Hi Beat,

Thanks for looking into my post.

- second bug: I want the tab "Portrait" at the left side of the content area of my template (left-aligned). So, I go to the CB tab manager and put the position to "left side (of middle area)", but I see no difference to the default position "middle area".

- vertical menus: I know this component. I am not actually looking for vertical menus, as you provide already "user lists" and "edit profile" menu items to put in the (vertical) navigation bar.

I want to replace the horizontal menu that is provided by CB - either through menu items or through tabs. What is missing is a simple and versatile way of arranging the following functionalities on the profile page: 1)"Send Email", 2)"Send Private Message" (although functionality already provided by uddeIM ProfileLink) and 3)"Request/Revoke/Remove Connection".

If you could put these three functionalities in a tab, the users would be free to put these anywhere on the profile page. Of course, these could also be menu items, but it makes more sense to put these very close to the portrait. Thus, tabs are ideal. (P.S.: the CB plugin "uddeIM ProfileLink" inspired this idea; P.P.S.: if "manage connections" and "manage actions" is not placed in the tab "connections" as suggested in the first forum post, for these two also a tab on their own would be needed)

- partial username search. I found it. It was not immediately apparent to me because of the description.

- groups: I do not mean forum groups or alike. What I mean is a quick and simple grouping of my connections according to the "type" I gave them in the "manage connections", i.e. friend, class mate, etc. (Of course, the user has to be able to add/rename/delete these types himself.) And these groups should be available when I send an email or a private message.

- set permissions individually: imagine the following: in general I want all my connections to see my private mobile --> this I set via the privacy plugin (as a general rule). BUT, my connection "Olaf" should not see my mobile number (exception to the rule) --> my suggestion is to have a parameters page for every connection that allows to choose: Use global/Yes/No. The network XING has a similar approach.

- display suggestion: Yes, I know, this can be done. Unfortunately, I am just an interested user, but not a code-writer. I thought these two more display types would make sense and round off the very versatile offer of CB in terms of customizing the appearance. (--> this is to be seen in connection with the new tabs I suggest under point 2:vertical menus)

I hope these lines clarify what I meant. Otherwise please DO come back with questions.

Many, many thanks! Raphael

Post edited by: whph, at: 2009/05/23 16:35

14 years 11 months ago #100165 by beat
- second "bug": check the CSS markup and adapt your CSS files to what you want to achieve, CB's html output allows it.

- understand your features-requests. CB 2.0 might bring quite some responses and way way more, when it's ready.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.295 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn