layout query

14 years 11 months ago #99829 by kiwidesign
layout query was created by kiwidesign
Hi,

First off - I am really loving the new release. Thanks for your efforts.

Is there a way to show the registration form in two columns i.e. have the coretab show on the left and another tab show on the right?

I see in the tab management there is a drop down called Position: but this doesn't seem to affect the registration page.

Is there a way to do this?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #99835 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re:layout query
CB 1.2 can be controlled much easier than previous versions with CSS classes using Firebug or other browser web development addons. That said, this request is not an easy undertaking, but I'm sure others would love to hear about your success in doing it.
;)

Jamie (Rapunzl)
Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

14 years 10 months ago #100934 by LPent
Replied by LPent on topic Re:layout query
It seems to me that all the good php coders have little knoledge of html/css and all the good html/css "coders" have little knowledge of php.
In my personal experience all the Joomla extensions that have great functionality are almost impossible to control through CSS, and all the extensions that are easy to control throug CSS are not worth looking at in functionality terms.

Even Joomla itself (although it is much better than it used to be) still uses tables for its content-module.

The registration-page of CB is a table! I am sorry, I am not a tabless-purist. But one of the reasons tables should NOT be used for layout is exactly for this kind of use. Easy custumization.
There is no way you can split the table up into two (or more) columns without going into the php code I am afraid.

I am struggling with the same issue, trying to organize my registration-page (it is big!). The only alternative I see so far is to use Chronoforms to make a custum form and link it with CB. But this is going to cost me a lot of time (=money).

14 years 10 months ago #100941 by RyanBriscall
Replied by RyanBriscall on topic Re:layout query
kiwidesign wrote:

Is there a way to show the registration form in two columns i.e. have the coretab show on the left and another tab show on the right?

I have not seen tabs on the registration page. The default registration page is 1 page, with several fields.

I see in the tab management there is a drop down called Position: but this doesn't seem to affect the registration page.

If there are tabs, and those tabs are <div> tags, then you can use CSS to float the <div>s to the left, and assign a width to them.

You'll want to clear your floats with a CSS clear command afterwards.

14 years 10 months ago #100942 by RyanBriscall
Replied by RyanBriscall on topic Re:layout query

Even Joomla itself (although it is much better than it used to be) still uses tables for its content-module.

I agree that it's better than before, but they are still doing it. Mainly because they want to offer the "horizontal/vertical" switch feature, which can be implemented with little effort by using a <table>

I finished converting all that to <div>'s with a good id/class naming scheme. I have my own template.

I am sorry, I am not a tabless-purist. But one of the reasons tables should NOT be used for layout is exactly for this kind of use.

There are about 20 reasons not to use <table>s for non-tabular data. One of the most important ones would be the overhead they cause both in size and render time.

I am struggling with the same issue, trying to organize my registration-page (it is big!).

You're a bit ahead of me. I haven't gotten to that yet, but I'm getting there. I finished cleaning up the markup for Joomla, EventList, and EventList Calendar.

The only alternative I see so far is to use Chronoforms to make a custum form and link it with CB. But this is going to cost me a lot of time (=money).

Sounds quirky. I like to stay away from quirky stuff.

14 years 10 months ago #100947 by LPent
Replied by LPent on topic Re:layout query

I finished converting all that to <div>'s with a good id/class naming scheme. I have my own template.

Sounds like a good idea...I must get around to doing that one day. But then again, if I start doing that I might as well design my own CMS complete with all the features built in which I need.

Oh well... you get what you pay for -or so they say.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds