User Access Levels Problem

14 years 11 months ago #100248 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:User Access Levels Problem
Please follow the self help link in my signature. Read very carefully and follow each step thoroughly. Report back if resolved or with requested information.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 11 months ago #100307 by hustle1081
Replied by hustle1081 on topic Re:User Access Levels Problem
I did or my site complied with everything except for the following items.

1.Is your webhost using the latest PHP5?

PHP 5.25

2.Is CB and Joomla up to date?

Running Joomla 1.0.15 and CB 1.2.1

3.Does a fresh Joomla and CB install work? (in subfolder without replacing current site)

Did not try this, but recently updated to newest version of CB.

4.Have you checked permissions from joomla backend? (should be all green)

Not sure what permissions this is talking about, all of my users are set to registered.

5.Have you unziped and repacked com_comprofiler.zip before installing?

I upgraded to 1.2.1 the manual way by unzipping and adding/overwriting the files.

I also looked at the FAQ but did not see anything that would apply.

What should I do from here?

Thanks again for everyone's help.

14 years 11 months ago #100371 by krileon
Check your article AND link to that article category/section to ensure it's accessible to that user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 11 months ago #100378 by hustle1081
I set an article to registered access and I also set the user menu to registered status.

I cannot see these when logged in as either a Registered or Author user. The only time I can see them pop up is when I am logged in as a Super Administrator.

It is very strange. I have checked and changed the access levels so many times trying to determine why this is happening.

When I changed the article and Menu to Public Access they could be seen by all.

14 years 11 months ago #100386 by krileon
Appears to be an issue unrelated to CB. Check your Joomla plugins ensure none of them are affecting articles. Check Joomla forums as well to see if issue has been posted already.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

14 years 11 months ago #100390 by hustle1081
Yea, I tried unpublishing all of my Plugins, but that did not have any effect.

Maybe I will try posting on the Joomla Forum, see if anyone over there knows anything about this.

Again, thanks everyone for helping out.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn