Auto is not working

11 years 8 months ago #208403 by td1968
Auto is not working was created by td1968
I have just installed GroupJive and am trying to get existing CB users auto-assigned to the appropriate groups. So far I have been unsuccessful. My settings are as follows:

Published: Yes
Title: Add users to JV group
Triggers: onAfterCheckCbDb
User: Automatic
Access: Everybody
Conditional: [cb_jrvarsity] Equal To 1 - this is a custom checkbox field
Auto: Join Groups
Groups: JV

After I run the check database tool, nothing seems to happen. I have also tried this with the Sync Users trigger with no success there either. I have attached a screenshot of the Auto setup. Please assist ASAP. Thank you.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #208419 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Auto is not working
Why are you using onAfterCheckCbDb? That trigger is not going to work for this. Try using after login trigger then simply login and see if your user is added. For initial testing remove the conditional.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #208421 by td1968
Replied by td1968 on topic Re: Auto is not working
I had tried using the after user sync trigger which didn't work so I tried this the aftercheckcbdb as another option. My goal is to run this on all of the current users for the initial set-up to get them all in the correct gj groups without having to wait for them all to logon. What is the best way to accomplish this? I can skip this conditional and use their joomla group membership to control which users join each group. I just need to know the best trigger to fire. Please advise.

11 years 8 months ago #208479 by krileon
You can't do that. The auto doesn't loop through a list of users and apply it to each one. There is no trigger to mass apply users. It's not an import/export tool, never was designed with that intention. You're going to need to manually add users to groups for initial usage. I suppose you could use a database query to do this then run GJ tools afterwards if you wanted.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 8 months ago #208482 by td1968
Replied by td1968 on topic Re: Auto is not working
Thank you for your response.

I am a little confused about manually adding users to multiple groups. Can you provide instructions on this?

Also, my users are in the appropriate Joomla groups, I just need to get them added to corresponding GJ groups. Some users are in multiple groups. I had set-up 3 autos to work at logon to join the GJ groups and those users to which multiple autos applied showed up in the GJ users multiple times. Is this correct? A separate record for each user/group combination?

Please advise. Thank you for your help.

11 years 8 months ago #208506 by krileon

I am a little confused about manually adding users to multiple groups. Can you provide instructions on this?

GJ > Users > New, you'll need to add them 1 by 1.

Also, my users are in the appropriate Joomla groups, I just need to get them added to corresponding GJ groups. Some users are in multiple groups. I had set-up 3 autos to work at logon to join the GJ groups and those users to which multiple autos applied showed up in the GJ users multiple times. Is this correct? A separate record for each user/group combination?

GroupJive has nothing to do with Joomla usergroups. It's not a permissions extension or anything remotely close to something as such. A user can't join the same group multiple times.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn