Question on AUTO RULES

11 years 7 months ago #211608 by jackreece
Question on AUTO RULES was created by jackreece
I'm running Joomla 2.5.7
CB 1.8.1
GJ 2.5.3

I've written some AUTO RULES that execute onAfterLogout. My presumption is that when a member updates their profile, they will be automatically added to the proper GJ group.

The rules that have a condition of Not Equal to "" (or blank) will Auto Join the member to a group.

The ones that have a condition of Does Contain do nothing. I've tried the text from the conditional field as text, enclosed in both "" and '' and the fieldvalueID from the database. Nothing seems to be working.
What am I missing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago #211616 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Question on AUTO RULES

jackreece wrote: I'm running Joomla 2.5.7
CB 1.8.1
GJ 2.5.3

I've written some AUTO RULES that execute onAfterLogout. My presumption is that when a member updates their profile, they will be automatically added to the proper GJ group.

The rules that have a condition of Not Equal to "" (or blank) will Auto Join the member to a group.

The ones that have a condition of Does Contain do nothing. I've tried the text from the conditional field as text, enclosed in both "" and '' and the fieldvalueID from the database. Nothing seems to be working.
What am I missing?

onAfterLogout does exactly as it reads ... it triggers actions after the user logouts (hits the logout button).

Sounds like you should use:

onAfterUserUpdate

makes much more sense for your use case.

11 years 7 months ago #211659 by jackreece
Replied by jackreece on topic Re: Question on AUTO RULES
Thanks for the reply.
onAFterUserUpdate will definitely do what I want. I just didn't read far enough down the list of options to see it.

But that's not working either. If I'm using a condition of "Does Contain" should the conditional field text be formatted a certain way?

On another note, if you add a 2nd condition, is it an AND condition or is it an OR condition?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn