[SOLVED] MANAGER's TASKS appears for non-managers

14 years 9 months ago #104361 by cpreston
Maybe I'm missing something, but I think the "MANAGER'S TASKS" block and its associated tasks should only appear if the person logged in is indeed a manager. Right now it appears for anyone.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2009/07/21 20:19

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 9 months ago #104399 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:MANAGER's TASKS appears for non-managers
Just the title displays, edit the template to remove the title. This is a flaw of GroupJives template system (being removed and redone properly in rework).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #104513 by cpreston
Replied by cpreston on topic Re:MANAGER's TASKS appears for non-managers
No, this is not just a template problem. As a non-manager, I was able to execute all the tasks under manager tasks, such as delete a group!

14 years 9 months ago #104514 by cpreston
In fact, I don't even need to be a group member to see and use "edit group settings," "manage pending users," and "send email to all in group."

I also see them once I join the group.

BTW, I'm really impressed with how you are responding to these bug requests.

14 years 9 months ago #104676 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:MANAGER's TASKS appears for non-managers
Am not able to duplicate these result. Logged out or logged in as only registered I can not see mod controls for groups that I am not a mod.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 9 months ago #105581 by cpreston
My test user was a super admin. Ooops. ;) Sorry for the trouble.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn